1.    #1  
    How adventurous are you, when it comes to adding things on your palm pre/plus.

How far would you go? Are you a risk taker(someone who risk loss or injury in the hope of gain or excitement) when it comes to making your pre awesome? Are you a Risk Taker?
    Homebrew galore, but no overclocking.....ever since I burnt up components in my compaq (funny right) back in 2001...oh how I miss those DIP switches....
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    I do everything I can to squeeze every bit of speed out I can with my Pre Plus.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Anything short of a solder joint... (at least until my contract is up).
    Sometimes, i allow my Pre to sit in the passenger seat when i'm driving. The seatbelt doesn't hold it to the seat too well, so yeah, i consider that kinda risky for it. I could have to stop short or something.
    I have patches, overclocking and use terminal and xorg tools to stop auto updates. I do what I can understand, but my pre is the only connection I have to my family so nothing too risky.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Sometimes, i allow my Pre to sit in the passenger seat when i'm driving. The seatbelt doesn't hold it to the seat too well, so yeah, i consider that kinda risky for it. I could have to stop short or something.
    I keep mine on one of those grip pads on the dash board and I always wonder when it will lose its grip
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Now thats life on the edge!
    I havent found anything worth my time to take the risk for the pre + yet. That being said i still like to imagine myself as a risk taker. I went as far as i could down the rabbit hole with the iphone and htc fuze.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Keeping my pre on fixed 800 with govnah!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by depughaj View Post
    Now thats life on the edge!
    My Pre sits in my jeep... on my touchstone charger... mounted upside down to the overhead console... directly above my open 64oz. Dr. Pepper...

Gotta love it.
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    All the above here also use a centro battery
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Preware, few patches, ect.. but no overclocking, no custom themes. Pretty stock, actually.
    I was running 1 GHz until 1.4.5 came out for Germany. I've downgraded (heh) to Uberkernel, which is OTA upgrade safe. Also running lots of homebrew, Terminus, Mobile Hotspot (on not-Verizon). Have run betas of a few webOS versions to help a buddy test his app.

Don't have a Centro battery in at this time, but I have before. ;-)
    I used to run on fixed 1Ghz throughout the day, downgraded to uberkernel in anticipation of the 1.4.5, and to make the vkb work with uinput module and keyboss properly (doesnt work with warthog kernel???).

Homebrew galore, and I am extremely triggerhappy with the patches. Autocorrect edit, wifi media sync, NaNplayer beta, mojo messenger beta, I'm a beta junkie :P.

I'd have used a centro battery too, but my old phone was an htc touch.
    The water was cold so I came back <3
    I overclock, but 800/500 is my limit. I also use a lot of patches and maybe a few free apps. I also use quite a few paid apps 1/2 price! and I believe in supporting the faithful that write apps for my beloved Pre+!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I've done some patching via command line. I used quilt back in the day before preware. Just today I edited my autocorrect file via terminal and vi. (When I type "its" I don't mean "it's," thanks.)

I do most of my patching via preware now though, over 30 currently. I do use uberkernel/govnah, usually in userspace or powersave. I installed My Tether via command line, as I rarely use Windows.

I needed some pictures off my phone today, and I don't have a cable with me. Instead of messing with email, I just used made a tar file and used scp to copy it to my server.
    I bought a Palm Pre the day they came out. 'Nuff said.