Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I have an Unlocked Palm Pre, which bought in Germany 6 month ago.
    Ever since I can't access my App Store / Catalog :-(
    It should be mentioned, I activated my Palm in Israel (my country), but I know there is people over here which can access the catalog somehow.

My Q: Is there any elegant solution for the Rebel catalog? Maybe reactivate or something like that...

Regards.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I am not sure if possiable, but have you tried using Preware, at the moment Preware has over 5000, different apps, patches, n themes all included. Just asking man.

If ur intrested you can download Preware, Webos Quick Install n Webos Doctor off this site.
  3.    #3  
    Hi,
    I'm using Preware, but I noticed that it's causing problem sometimes to the phone.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    What are some of the problems? If I may ask
  5.    #5  
    Problem in wake up the pre from a sleep mode for example. Do google search.
    No network connection after installing the app, solve just after full restart to the phone & sometimes erase the app. And in general strange behavior. But again not always and not with every app.

Anyway, no matter how many preware there is out there, I want to enter the official catalog.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I think the best bet is to ask Rod Whitby and the webos Internals crew. They are the developers so they most likely have answers to ur problem with preware.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Sorry, not gonna happen. Not on this phone.
    The VERY first time you activate the phone counts.
    If it's activated in an official country, you get the AppCat of that country.
    If not, no paid apps. No way around that; no way to change that.

You could have searched the forum for this. Loads of threads on the subject.
    No need to start a new one.
    What will happen, if I'll reactivate the phone again after making full erase?
    Hang on there fellows 'unofficial country' users... Lets hope HP will knock some sense to Palm's marketing crews.. (I didn't miss tht guy who said he is responsible for the App cat n now left Palm).
  9.    #9  
    Hi again,
    Just let you know, there is a way to solve this problem.
    It's an New Changed Image for the phone, which cancel all activation process.
    See here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html
    Last edited by wizardknow; 07/04/2010 at 02:56 AM. Reason: bug.
    Just FYI, a full erase will just remove the USB portion and some data of your apps. Example: it will not even remove patches installed. A doctor however will restore the OS side of things to factory but will not touch your USB files.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    what if I ...
    1. doctor the device using the meta-doctor.
    2. create a new palm profile
    3. use a pre-paid O2 German SIM for the FirstUse activation (over wifi)?
    Here's my experience...

1. First, I bypassed activation using the official Palm method (developer mode - http://developer.palm.com/index.php?...2051&Itemid=24)
    2. Then I "hacked" the network settings so I could have access to SMS, 3G, MMS and other data services (google: "CarrierNetworkSettings.db3")
    3. Connected to WiFi (not actually required)
    4. Installed the "First Use" app from Preware (this is mandatory)
    5. Launched the First Use app, created a Palm account, and activated my Pre (even though it froze when the startup video was over)
    6. Finally, I was able to access the app store and download apps.

Now, in order to download PAID apps, you will have to enter a credit card number (which I won't do at this moment) and proceed with your purchase. Whenever you try to download a paid app, unless you have setup your payment options, you will be asked for your credit card number (MasterCard or Visa is currently supported on my O2 GSM Pre). Unfortunately, I don't see Israel listed in the available billing country options at this time, but it doesn't hurt to try.
    Last edited by bureX; 07/04/2010 at 06:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardknow View Post
    .....................Problem in wake up the pre from a sleep mode for example. Do google search.
    No network connection after installing the app, solve just after full restart to the phone & sometimes erase the app.........................
    Huh this is happening to me, only in 2G mode? Thought it was weatherman, but there was a preware update recently. I deleted weatherman, but that didn't fix it.

I can get data back by toggling data in the phone menu, but i've gotta go 2G->3G then toggle data.

Wonder if it is preware?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

The ONLY factor that comes into play when determining if a device can see paid apps is:
    location of first ever activation/palm profile creation.
    ok, we've made some progress.
    so the German O2 SIM doesn't help here since it is by, as you said, location.

the location can be determined in two ways:
    1. GPS
    2. AGPS (the position of a cell phone)

since the GPS can be turned off, is it possible to add a parameter to the meta-doctor to turn off the AGPS as well, or at least to fake cell coordinates?
  15.    #15  
    I do not understand.
    Are you talking just about a paid apps? Or the whole catalog itself?

Dose re-activate with webos doctor bring us at least free apps from the catalog?
  16.    #16  
    ok.
    I'll update you all.

regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardknow View Post
    Hi again,
    Just let you know, there is a way to solve this problem.
    It's an New Changed Image for the phone, which cancel all activation process.
    See here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html
    I wrote the Meta-Doctor. It will never change whether you can access a paid app catalog or not.

You've activated your phone once already? In that case Rod also needs to implement a time capsule module to go back in time to undo that first activation. I'm not sure he's up to the job.
    Yeah, haven't cracked that one yet ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming
    Well, if I had, I would have posted before your previous post to let you know about it

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thanks bureX, but you're missing the whole point.
    You're listing what is required to use a phone.
    Absolutely NOTHING to do with the App Catalog.
    Sorry for the late reply, but here's what I meant... Yes, the phone was activated once in it's home country and I believe you when you say that's what counts, but I'm claiming that was not the only thing that's necessary for me to access the AppCatalog. I couldn't use my phone, nor could I access it's filesystem, so I had to use Palm's very own tool to bypass activation. After I did that, the AppCatalog WAS disabled - just received an error message telling me to try later and that's it. After I have created a new account with the "first use" app I got from PreWare, the AppCatalog was available. One can only hope Palm makes the AppCatalog available worldwide... after all, a credit card is a credit card and money is money.
    Quote Originally Posted by bureX View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, but here's what I meant... Yes, the phone was activated once in it's home country and I believe you when you say that's what counts, but I'm claiming that was not the only thing that's necessary for me to access the AppCatalog. I couldn't use my phone, nor could I access it's filesystem, so I had to use Palm's very own tool to bypass activation. After I did that, the AppCatalog WAS disabled - just received an error message telling me to try later and that's it. After I have created a new account with the "first use" app I got from PreWare, the AppCatalog was available. One can only hope Palm makes the AppCatalog available worldwide... after all, a credit card is a credit card and money is money.
    Should have just used the Meta-Doctor ...

-- Rod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast