Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    First it was a crack near the usb port that worked it's way on to my screen. The crack is slowly getting larger. Next was another crack on the opposite side which has now worked it's way onto the screen and slowly getting larger.

Now today I noticed a piece of plastic has broken off near the top of my pre. I take great care of my pre so I suspect it may have been my holster that caused the plastic to snap. (seido)

I'm not sure how long my pre will operate at this rate and I have a funny feeling palm will not release a new handset until late sept/oct. To make things more complicated there's a good chance the next handset will not be released on sprint.

Android may win me over by default
    My Pre is almost 13 months hold, still solid.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    First it was a crack near the usb port that worked it's way on to my screen. The crack is slowly getting larger. Next was another crack on the opposite side which has now worked it's way onto the screen and slowly getting larger.

Now today I noticed a piece of plastic has broken off near the top of my pre. I take great care of my pre so I suspect it may have been my holster that caused the plastic to snap. (seido)

I'm not sure how long my pre will operate at this rate and I have a funny feeling palm will not release a new handset until late sept/oct. To make things more complicated there's a good chance the next handset will not be released on sprint.

Its a known issue many have gotten theirs replaced for free. If you dont abuse your phone you can take it to sprint and they should replace it at no cost its a known issue plenty of threads (with photo evidence) look them up. Take it to the store and explain and show them threads until you find one that replaces it at no cost. Refuse to do the insurance claim this is not the insurances issue its palms. Take it till you find a store that knows this is a common issue and it should be resolved for free with little need of explanation. Took them about 3 minutes after I walked in to get a replacement ordered.
    Get a warranty replacement due to mfg defect and enjoy your Pre for as long as it takes HPalm to release a new webOS phone...my two cents!
    I have a crack started below the usb port as well. I don't use a holster and I've never dropped the 2 month old phone. Mine is a Pre Plus from Verizon. Do you think they will exchange it or force me to contact Palm?

I love my Pre Plus and can't imagine being without it.

put a zagg skin on it to re-enforce the screen, and remember that epoxy is your friend.
    I went to the store today and they promptly ordered me a replacement phone. I should have it Thursday. I might have helped me that the display Pre Plus also had the crack. I pointed that out right away.

Quote Originally Posted by rcwerner View Post
    I have a crack started below the usb port as well. I don't use a holster and I've never dropped the 2 month old phone. Mine is a Pre Plus from Verizon. Do you think they will exchange it or force me to contact Palm?

I love my Pre Plus and can't imagine being without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcwerner View Post
    I went to the store today and they promptly ordered me a replacement phone. I should have it Thursday. I might have helped me that the display Pre Plus also had the crack. I pointed that out right away.
    Sprint or Verizon?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Mine didn't last had to go upgrade to an Evo, sadly I couldn't make it until WebOS 2.0
    Samsung A900> HTC Touch (Vogue)> Palm Pre> HTC Hero> Palm Pre> Palm Pre> Palm Pre> HTC Evo 4G White
    Quote Originally Posted by malber View Post
    Sprint or Verizon?
    pre plus = verizon
    Good luck
    its kinda the same way with me, my powerbutton no longer works, a little piece broke off the case i had it in causing it to drop now theres a gab between the pt that holds the keybord and the screen, today my volum turned itself down, it freezes up completely on a daily bases sometimes making me miss a call, the list just goes on.... smh this is like my 6th one( last 5 due to hardware issues) and im tired of replacements ... i wanna wait till the next phone comes out but i dont know if that will be possible lol
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Yeah I am in the same boat too... hardware slowly falling apart but I can not (at least I really doubt I can) get a replacement via the warranty even though all of the problems that my phone has are known warranty issues and were not caused by anything I did to the phone. The main speaker is blown, the earpiece speaker is dying quickly, the volume up button no longer works, it recently developed a USB door crack that is inching it's way across the screen... and I could go on. I'm about ready to just bite the bullet though and buy a another used one because I just don't know how much longer I can deal with missing tons of calls and the ones I do get (or when I call back after seing the missed call) I can barely hear the other person. I have already started exploring the possibility of picking up a Pre Plus and sticking my sprint radio in it... although it might be better to just get another Sprint Pre and call it a day. Still if HP WAS TO ANNOUNCE SOMETHING... I might be able to hold out just long enough to get a NEW new Palm phone.
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004

nooo dont go... i juust replaced my pre via the insurance. i mean it cost me 100 bucks but now i have a shiny new phone that will still b shiny new when i get the next webos phone, making it a nice spare. i go out and do crazy things alot that would make me not wanna bring my really nice phone along with me. if u have to pull the trigger and go to android so be it, android is nice.... buuut the next webos phone is gunna b epic, and u know it
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Her is alittle trick i learned. well its not a trick but ok. so about three weeks back i dropped my pre (sprint) and the screen cracked and wasnt responsive. so i couldnt do anything with it. its important to know that i am also under sprints insurance plan...its 7 dollars a month i think. well when i went into the store to get it replaced the rep. said he would take it in and just get me a new one. (prob. a refrub but i didnt care it looked brand new and felt brand new). and he did it with no cost. he said that the screens go bad alot from people pushing on the gesture bar which causes the screen to crack at times so it was a product issue. so if you can crack the screen without showing much damage like physical damage then im pritty sure you can get it changed for free. it worked for me i dont see why it wouldnt work for anyone els. i was expecting to pay the deductable but there was no need.
    Sorry to hear about your issues, I donLt know what to say, my 14+ month old Pre is solid, can see it going 2 years or more, really a dependable phone for me.
    10 months old and if I take zagg off and hard case it will look brand new.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchmasta View Post
    i juust replaced my pre via the insurance. i mean it cost me 100 bucks

for me at least this is a big no no... 100 for a phone thats over a year old and its not even my fault that it cant stay in good condition more than 3 or 4 months... not only that be seeing how theres so many new phone thats out and on the way 100 bucks to replace a phone that over a year old just seems like 3 steps backwards
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    pre plus = verizon

Sorry:
    ATT or Verizon?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have the usb crack but my pre is 14 months old so I am out of warranty. I tried Sprint and Palm but they only offered to repair for $129. I am hoping to make it work until the new device comes out...
    MKTREK - Handspring Visor Blue, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 750, Palm Pre
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast