1.    #1  
    Background: My phone has been dropping calls a lot(around the house) and getting stuck in 1x(when I'm out). This is new behavior since I got the phone in December '09 and has been happening for 2 weeks now though it'll behave occasionally. During a call, my signal strength will gradually drop and then struggle to keep the connection on with 0 bars... Also, I have a slight oreo twist.

I went to the Sprint store and after 45 minutes, they tell me that everything is normal and that they tightened my slider. Nothing changed. My slider is still loose and my connection seems unstable(jumping back and forth from 1 bar to 5 bars in Ev).

So I go on Palm Chat and talk to someone. After an hour, he tells me I have a hardware defect and that I need to send it in to repair but that I need to call Voice Support to set up the exchange. I only have my Palm Pre, so I call them on it and the guy tells me that the signal strength has to do with Sprint and not the Palm Pre because the Palm Pre does not have signal issues. The heck? I try to explain that the Palm Chat guy said it was defective but then guess what happens? My phone call goes to 0 bars and I can't understand what the guy on the other end is saying.

Call drops. The guy calls me back and I apologize and explain that I used to always have full bars at home and it has been dropping me a lot and getting stuck in 1x sometimes when I go out. He says it's Sprint's network and then my call drops again. He calls me back but my bars are at 0 so I don't answer it and he leaves me a voicemail apologizing about Sprint's network and that he suggest I call Sprint to ask them what's up with the network...

Is it Sprint's network or my phone?
    call sprint customer service and have them ship you a new one. They keep the inventory of phones, not palm.
    I wonder if sprint is rationing bandwidth. They said they were going to
    god only knows what the hells going on I've had a bad day too ironically enough everything ****ed up except my phone LOL sorry for the language kinda drunk p.s. Call sprint they might ba having a prob in you area
    I actually had that problem couple times. It was mainly from the Sprint's network... Lately, Sprint has been upgrading their towers and that would cause craziness to your phone... Call Sprint Tech support, have them reset the radio on your phone to refresh the network setting. If that doesn't work, just ask them to do a TEP replacement for a new phone...
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    Going into a Sprint store can be a waste of time. They will run diagnostics of your phone and determine everything is okay. Thats what they did with me and than I showed them one of the problems and all they offered was to doctor my phone. You best bet is to call in to CS and tell them your problems. If they tell you about going into a Sprint store tell them what you wrote here.
    Had same problem 2 months ago. Called *2 and it was a tower that had gone bonkers. They were unaware of it till I had called. Was taken care of in about 2 days.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    I had the same problem at my house and I had a sprint rep tell me that we canít guarantee service inside your house as so stated on the sprint website and so basically I was screwed I didnít like her tone so I told her to switch me to someone who can cancel my service and when I explained the problem to the lady as why i wanted to cancel my line she said donít cancel you have been with us too long how about we send you a airave for free and free service for 2 years I accepted and I havenít had a problem since with my reception in my home
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    I wonder if sprint is rationing bandwidth. They said they were going to
    Source?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Source?
    Never heard such report from sprint that they would do something like that... You sure your not mistaking sprint for att?
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    http://www.google.com/m/url?channel=iss&client=ms-palm-webOS&ei=pa8uTKCzI5Oolwfqi6Rn&q=http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-preparing-throttle-you&resnum=2&ved=0CA4QFjAB&usg=AFQjCNEJevVqRvSzBHpgkgcatdUo17zj6w
    They will be throttling data bandwidth during peak usage times, but I doubt that would affect voice calls.

Data Throttling Coming to Sprint this Summer? | Android Phone Fans

BTW, just google "sprint throttle data bandwidth".
    if it makes you feel any better about your day...i was leaving my buddy's place cause he cooked dinner for several couples. I ran over the pvc pipe going into the meters for four apartment complexes, breaking the pipe before the meters. This set off a 75 foot water geyser that went on for the next hour until the utility company came out to turn it off...flooded one guy's garage...
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    Sprint gets real slow in the Atlanta area since the EVO launched.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Sprint gets real slow in the Atlanta area since the EVO launched.
    oh, not just me then. For past motnth or so my home recep has gone downhill many times. Many 1x connects and quite a few roam's, never had R before. May be time to call sprint,"says with dread". Got my pre since 6/19/09.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ho0lee0h View Post
    Background: My phone has been dropping calls a lot(around the house) and getting stuck in 1x(when I'm out). This is new behavior since I got the phone in December '09 and has been happening for 2 weeks now though it'll behave occasionally. During a call, my signal strength will gradually drop and then struggle to keep the connection on with 0 bars... Also, I have a slight oreo twist.

I went to the Sprint store and after 45 minutes, they tell me that everything is normal and that they tightened my slider. Nothing changed. My slider is still loose and my connection seems unstable(jumping back and forth from 1 bar to 5 bars in Ev).

So I go on Palm Chat and talk to someone. After an hour, he tells me I have a hardware defect and that I need to send it in to repair but that I need to call Voice Support to set up the exchange. I only have my Palm Pre, so I call them on it and the guy tells me that the signal strength has to do with Sprint and not the Palm Pre because the Palm Pre does not have signal issues. The heck? I try to explain that the Palm Chat guy said it was defective but then guess what happens? My phone call goes to 0 bars and I can't understand what the guy on the other end is saying.

Call drops. The guy calls me back and I apologize and explain that I used to always have full bars at home and it has been dropping me a lot and getting stuck in 1x sometimes when I go out. He says it's Sprint's network and then my call drops again. He calls me back but my bars are at 0 so I don't answer it and he leaves me a voicemail apologizing about Sprint's network and that he suggest I call Sprint to ask them what's up with the network...

Is it Sprint's network or my phone?
    Depends. Where do you live? In ill we had bad t-storms and my phone had crap signal for almost 2 weeks. I had to get the force roaming only toggle to even hold a call or browse the web (at painfully slow speeds). I switched out everyday to see if it was fixed. The prl and network updates in the phone app preferences did not help. I kept putting off the trip to the sprint store till one day it just came back to normal. I say its the network and it would work perfectly in roam only and in other areas. As for the oreo keep going to different sprint stores till you find one that dosent suck. My first issue they gave me the run around. Did sprint web chat>call sprint>call palm>call sprint>call palm>go to store>different store>different store. Till I found one that recognizes problems with Pre. As soon as I walked in he said yeah this is common. Had a different issue with the replacement phone new one was ordered in 5 mins picked up replacement in a couple of days. Dont waste time on the phone go to sprint stores till you find the right one. If you live in the northwest ill I know one.

Edit: For now go to preware and install the roam only in top bar patch or the toggle app. If you get a steady signal on roaming its the network. This is what I did until the signal went back to normal. Not good for browsing web but will be stable to hold calls/sms/email.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    if it makes you feel any better about your day...i was leaving my buddy's place cause he cooked dinner for several couples. I ran over the pvc pipe going into the meters for four apartment complexes, breaking the pipe before the meters. This set off a 75 foot water geyser that went on for the next hour until the utility company came out to turn it off...flooded one guy's garage...

Did the item in your avatar have anything to do with this?

Ive had this problem and it was a tower that was messed up also.
    Common sense dictates process of elimination: find another Sprint customer, with a Pre, and another one with any other phone, and have them go to the place where you are eperiencing signal problems!

Alternatively, you can always try using your phone in a different location to see if signal strength improves.

For the "oreo" issue, I highly suggest one of those new GRT cases.. I bought one, not that I have an oreo for a phone yet, but, just to make sure I don't in the future.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein