1.    #1  
    For two days now my phone keeps giving me notifications to re-enter my gmail passwords, sometimes i re-enter it and it works and other times it says wrong password. Google ends up locking my account untill I logon again thru the web.
    Now that im thinking about it, it started happening about the time I saw a few threads on FB chat spoof not working, anyone else have this issue?
    Try the UnlockCaptcha:

https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Also might want to try completely removing and then adding back your google account
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    ya Ive done both of those, kind of strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    For two days now my phone keeps giving me notifications to re-enter my gmail passwords, sometimes i re-enter it and it works and other times it says wrong password. Google ends up locking my account untill I logon again thru the web.
    Now that im thinking about it, it started happening about the time I saw a few threads on FB chat spoof not working, anyone else have this issue?

I have NEVER been able to set up a gmail account on my phone. I have to use my browser! I cannot figure out what the problem is. Yahoo sets up fine.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    I have NEVER been able to set up a gmail account on my phone. I have to use my browser! I cannot figure out what the problem is. Yahoo sets up fine.
    Well I have never had a problem with not being able to set it up. This is the second time it has happened too me.

The first time it was hotmail and I had to go online and change my password thru my browser even though I was useing the correct pass on my phone.
    So I did the same thing with this gmail account and it worked, hopefully it is solved for good now.
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    Well I have never had a problem with not being able to set it up. This is the second time it has happened too me.

The first time it was hotmail and I had to go online and change my password thru my browser even though I was useing the correct pass on my phone.
    So I did the same thing with this gmail account and it worked, hopefully it is solved for good now.

You don't understand. My Pre won't even recognize gmail. Every time I try to set up gmail, the screen does nothing. BUT all of my Yahoo accounts setup fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    You don't understand. My Pre won't even recognize gmail. Every time I try to set up gmail, the screen does nothing. BUT all of my Yahoo accounts setup fine.
    Same result doing the automatic setup or the manual setup?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    This is frustrating the CRAP out of me. I have done the unlockcaptcha and that didn't stay, and then I removed my gmail accounts and changed my password online and then set everything back up and it still isn't working. I don't know what to do to keep it fixed... Does anyone have any ideas??
    When you unlocked the Captcha, did you also click at the bottom of your gmail to sign out of all other sessions? Not sure why, but sometimes old logged in ones create a problem.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Yeah I did that too and the problem still persisted. I removed my gmail calendar and it stopped so I re-added it and it hasn't happened again, though I don't know why the calendar would cause the problem...
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyckedankh View Post
    Yeah I did that too and the problem still persisted. I removed my gmail calendar and it stopped so I re-added it and it hasn't happened again, though I don't know why the calendar would cause the problem...
    I had the same problem. Tried changing passwords, etc. with little effect. Only thing which worked and continues to work months later was to:

1. Remove gmail account on Pre.
    2. Remove all other gmail links on Pre (calendar and contacts).
    3. Access gmail account by web and change password.
    4. Add gmail account(s) back to the Pre.

I suspect this is a gmail/google glitch. I have never had a similar problem with EAS, for comparison.