1.    #1  
    I'm sorry I always feel like I'm one can short of a six pack, but I have 2 questions that have been bothering me.

My 1st one has to do with web browsing on the pre. Let's say 1st thing in the morning I pick up my pre and check out what's going on at pre central. Now what if I want to go to another website. I know there is a way to bring back the web address bar (thing'y) with a gesture, but can't quite figure it out. I've messed around a little and it'll start to show but then go away. I end up closing the app and reopening the app, just to go to a different site. I know there's an easier way, I'm just to stupid to figure it out on my own.

My 2nd stupid question has to do with the e-mail program. Sometimes when I go to check my e-mails the count is off. It will say I have 11 new messages and as I go through them only 10 is showing. If I delete them all, it will still say one message and my inbox will be empty. I know I'm being anal but why oh why does it do this to me. I'll restart my phone and the count will still be off. This could actually last a few days before it fixes itself. BTW my e-mail addy is through AOL. (Oh great am I showing my age now?)

Sorry again for the stupid questions, thank goodness for this place. I think I would have gone insane trying to delete a PDF file if it wasn't for a quick read of this forum telling me what to do.
    You don't need a gesture for #1 just type something on the keyboard and the URL bar will appear

And for #2 I have had this but it usually turns out to be an email from days ago that I deleted without reading and the Pre for some reason saw it as an unread still
    Push the browser down as far as it will go until the title bar appears, then tap on it & it will switch to address bar where you can enter a new URL.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    On the email thing, go to your email preferences and set 'show email' to '1 day'. Go back and refresh and it should be back to normal. Then go back and set it to what you like.
    Works for me everytime.. .
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    You don't need a gesture for #1 just type something on the keyboard and the URL bar will appear

And for #2 I have had this but it usually turns out to be an email from days ago that I deleted without reading and the Pre for some reason saw it as an unread still

thanks both of you, but I would have never thought to just start typing.

As for problem #2 I'm glad someone else has seen this. You're probably right, I tend to do that too. It's nice and easy to delete "the send to 20 people in 5 seconds or you'll get a horrible rash" e-mails.

Thanks
    A third way to go to another website would be to tap the drop down menu where it says web on the top left, then tap New Card and a new card will open.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    you can open several browser cards, and just leave them open. Hit refresh and let them reload at the same time.

Also, can you put a shortcut on a launcher page so you can be taken directly to each page?

FYI, this will make more sense if you get the patch to stop web pages from automatically reloading them every time you maximize them. That defeats the purpose of having them reload in the back ground... (note to Palm: what made you choose such a stupid default that it required a patch? Really?)
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Yes I patched that feature out too as well as Hide All Icons After Page Load and Fullscreen Mode Browser for a better browsing experience.
    My work-around to refresh now is to scroll all the way to the top so the url pops down, then tap on it so it highlights, then tap the arrow next to it to refresh the page I'm on.
    It's so much better to have all 320x480 viewable and not blocked out by icons/url.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Yes I patched that feature out too as well as Hide All Icons After Page Load and Fullscreen Mode Browser for a better browsing experience.
    My work-around to refresh now is to scroll all the way to the top so the url pops down, then tap on it so it highlights, then tap the arrow next to it to refresh the page I'm on.
    It's so much better to have all 320x480 viewable and not blocked out by icons/url.
    That's too much work. Get the shake to reload patch, it works great.

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    That's too much work. Get the shake to reload patch, it works great.
    Tried it and hated it. Every little movement would set off the refresh.
    Refreshyz in general is a feature I rarely use so I like my set-up as is.

Using the hot-keys with 'MultiMod' makes scrolling quick too.. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Tried it and hated it. Every little movement would set off the refresh.
    Refreshyz in general is a feature I rarely use so I like my set-up as is.

Using the hot-keys with 'MultiMod' makes scrolling quick too.. .
    That's funny, it works great on my Pre. I have to give it a good shake to work.