1.    #1  
    hello all. i am using preware to install themes. today i tried to install a theme using quick install. but i forgot to delete the theme off of preware first. obviously it isnt going to work. i had an error. so then i went back into preware and it said no theme was installed. it was missing. then i tried to install a theme from preware. it gave me the same error. ive tried themer in quick install but it always says it cannot connect. What should i do. i do not want to doctor it. please any help greatly appreciated.
    But you do still have a theme installed correct?
  3.    #3  
    yes i guess so. how do i just start over with themes
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jvan22 View Post
    yes i guess so. how do i just start over with themes
    Try running WebOS Repair Utility (http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html) and see if that doesn't solve the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Try running WebOS Repair Utility (http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html) and see if that doesn't solve the problem.
    Same thing I was going to suggest.

When you say you think you still have the theme.... do you see any of the changes left over from the theme or is everything back to stock? If everything is back to stock but the directory wasn't removed/files still in the directory deleting the directory can fix the new install problem (I do not recommend this if there are any artifacts left over from the theme or if you don't know what you are doing/willing to run the risk of having to dr).
    You don't need to use webos repair utility just install this default theme .ipk through quick install and you should be good to go http://bit.ly/1eSISH
    I had an issue before with one of the stupid iPhone themes, where after removing the theme the top bar was still gray... I used quick install and ran the EPR in quick install and that solved my problem, I would suggest you do the same. Since then I only use preware to install and uninstall themes.
    EPR can also "break" themes, I think it removes the ipkg but leaves other files.
  9.    #9  
    oh k so im running the utility right now. when its done what should i do first. try to install a theme from preware or through quick install
    I personally use preware now, but I change my theme quite often so it is nice to do it when I'm in the mood and not have to tether to the laptop or pc
  11.    #11  
    oh k so it just finished. it looks like it just came out of the factory. but when i try to install a theme in preware again. it says theres another installed please uninstal....... what should i do now?
    oh k so it just finished. it looks like it just came out of the factory. but when i try to install a theme in preware again. it says theres another installed please uninstal....... what should i do now?
    In Preware reinstall the theme you had, then again in Preware remove the theme. After rebooting you should be able to install a new theme. In the future, you should always install and remove themes with the same tool. I prefer Preware.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  13.    #13  
    i managed to install the default theme through quick install. but when i go to install a theme from preware it says theres a theme installed. what do i do
    i managed to install the default theme through quick install. but when i go to install a theme from preware it says theres a theme installed. what do i do
    Did you try to uninstall the theme through preware yet?
  15.    #15  
    well thats the weird thing. in preware it will usually say that theres a theme installed but it says nothing. when i go to install a theme it says there is one but when i check for one. nothing is there
    well thats the weird thing. in preware it will usually say that theres a theme installed but it says nothing. when i go to install a theme it says there is one but when i check for one. nothing is there
    Did you not read what I posted?

17.    #17  
    theres only one problem. i forget what theme i had installed. now its the default theme because i used webos repair utility. i cant reinstall the default theme from preware
    theres only one problem. i forget what theme i had installed. now its the default theme because i used webos repair utility. i cant reinstall the default theme from preware
    Try going through the themes and see if you can find it. Maybe running across the name and or screenshots of it will jog your memory.