1.    #1  
    Hi, y'all
    Is "Mode Switcher a patch... I've found the mode switcher thread and trying to add a feed with the url that was giving,and it's not working. Is the url in the thread still valid? Or you download this directly from preware?
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/02/2010 at 01:51 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    I type in the url and for some reason it loads with an error. I would have to enable this feed first, before I'll be able to use mode switcher right? I think my prob is right after the e-lnx is that a cap I or lowercase L
    lower case L

Copy/paste the url above: up arrow + tap the url to highlight it; gesture + c to copy; then in Preware gesture + v to paste into url field.
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/02/2010 at 02:24 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    lower case L

Copy/paste the url above: up arrow + tap the url to highlight it; gesture + c to copy; then in Preware gesture + v to paste into url field.
    So after enabling the feed...is there anything else? Or it should show on the phone. Where?
    In Preware, List Everything, then just start typing Mode Switcher, it should show up before ur done typing all that.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    In Preware, List Everything, then just start typing Mode Switcher, it should show up before ur done typing all that.
    Appreciate your help...thank you NachoB.
    Anytime
  9.    #9  
    This copy and paste thing not working for me. Press arrow and tap on url, then tap gesture area and press c and then tap gesture area and press v. Is that correct? All I see is v in url. Lol. :-)

Then when I use the drop down cut,copy,and paste.. Copy work but can't seem to see available paste word to highlight.

When you copy, the area highlighted in yellow will be copied. Hold the gesture area on the left or right of the center button and press c at the same time. A message will appear at the bottom of your screen saying that the text has been copied. To paste, place the cursor in the area you wish to paste in and hold the gesture area (same as above) and press v at the same time. The text should then appear.

Edit: (Test) Well the copy and paste thing work. Awesome!
    Last edited by rush; 07/02/2010 at 04:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    This copy and paste thing not working for me. Press arrow and tap on url, then tap gesture area and press c and then tap gesture area and press v. Is that correct? All I see is v in url. Lol. :-)

Then when I use the drop down cut,copy,and paste.. Copy work but can't seem to see available paste word to highlight.
    When you copy, the area highlighted in yellow will be copied. Hold the gesture area on the left or right of the center button and press c at the same time. A message will appear at the bottom of your screen saying that the text has been copied. To paste, place the cursor in the area you wish to paste in and hold the gesture area (same as above) and press v at the same time. The text should then appear.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  11.    #11  
    Love the explanation. Thanks Vza33
    Anytime my friend!

nice!!!!!!!!
    ok guys maybe I am a little slow but i seem to be missing something. I have no problem copyong the link however I m unsre as to where to paste it at? The posting says to post it in the url in preware... Please help I really want to give this a shot it sounds like exactly what I have been looking for.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    ok guys maybe I am a little slow but i seem to be missing something. I have no problem copyong the link however I m unsre as to where to paste it at? The posting says to post it in the url in preware... Please help I really want to give this a shot it sounds like exactly what I have been looking for.
    Open Preware and choose Manage feeds in the App menu. Scroll to the bottom and tap add feed. This is where you paste the url. After updating the feeds, just type in Mode Switcher on the Preware home page and it should come up.
    Last edited by vza33; 07/30/2010 at 10:43 PM.

For anyone that happens to stumble across this thread, please visit the official forum for Mode Switcher for there have been changes to where the app is found and how it's installed.

If you want to know how to install Mode Switcher, check out the Mode Switcher Wiki.

After you get MS installed, check out the Mode Switcher Manual for a run down on how to use Mode Switcher.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Open Preware and choose Manage feeds in the App menu. Scroll to the bottom and tap add feed. This is where you paste the url. After updating the feeds, just type in Mode Switcher on the Preware home page and it should come up.
    ok so i tried that and I was definatly missing that step however once i started the feed I am not available to pull anything up? Am i missing anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    ok so i tried that and I was definatly missing that step however once i started the feed I am not available to pull anything up? Am i missing anything else?
    Check the links posted above by oakridge outdoors.

Thank you all for the help, this is an awesome addition to the Palm Pre. I do have one question or maybe a suggestion if it is not already possible. I have 3 different email accounts, is it possible to select one account such as my personal email account to retrieve my mail over the weekend, but select all email accounts to retrieve my email during the business day? Is this a possibility? If not I Guess it a suggestion for future updates.

Also I would like to see something where you can select which pictures files to show and which not to show in different profiles for all of those nosy co-workers or friends that for through your phone. For instance maybe on the weekend I would like a certain set of pictures available and during the business day a different set?