Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Picking up a used Pre Plus today I currently have and love my BB Tour but I have a serious addiction to phones and phone tech! I can't leave anything alone. The Pre just looks too fun. Considered Droids etc but sheesh the EVO is huge, phones are going the way of the brick it seems! The goal is to not get bored, Ill keep the BB and switch back and forth but Im hoping that the Pre will satisfy my hunger for customizing and tweaking for the time being!

Great Forum btw.
    Last edited by JMac24; 07/02/2010 at 10:42 AM. Reason: sp
    Welcome. With all the patches and work on faster kernels I'm enjoying my Sprint Palm Pre just about as much as I did when I first got it on release day. I think it's an addiction at this point
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Welcome to the wonderful world of WebOS!

The community here really is top notch. It's the friendliest place for newcomers I have ever seen in a tech forum of any kind.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Just reading through I can see that for sure. Seems like a great community.
    Hi JMac24, and welcome to the P|C forums!
    Read through the first posts over in our Palm Pre Tips, Information, and Resources forum and you will find a lot of useful information (if you haven't read through it already).

Once you get going, grab a copy of Preware and you will be amazed at all of the incredible things you can do with your new Pre.

Enjoy! And if you have any questions, just ask!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    So far so good Phone was jacked up when I got it though (freezing, wouldn't reset and battery was dead dead). Had to get vzw on phone cause it wouldn't program. Then it wouldn't reset so got Palm on the line. They got me unfrozen and rocking though! Turns out the phone was new, activated for 3 days total. The lady at Palm said I had 90 days free phone support and a full year warranty on it.

Off to install preware!
    Welcome, JMac24.

You'll find that this forum is the best part of owning a Pre.

Have fun.
    Welcome JMac24.

If you ever have any doubts about how good WebOS is, just go to any article about a new Android or Apple phone and read the comments. When they Apple and Android people argue about the best features of their OS's you realize that WebOS has the best of both worlds!
    Good choice Jmac24, for tweaking a customizing, you're gonna love the Pre Plus.

Welcome to PreCentral and the world of webOS!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation