1.    #1  
    Purchased about 5 weeks ago from BB. After about two weeks I added UberKernel, Govnah, and about 12 patches. Over the next few weeks I experienced many common complaints with the Pre....especially double keys when typing, or no keys at all. I can't specifically say if this started before or after loading the kernel or the patches.

Two days ago I lost the ability to place calls, though I continued to get data. I tried everything including a full erase and reset.

Verizon has sent me a repalcement, but the question is whether I should add the patches and kernel back on the phone.

Comments?
    Seems like a software issue. I would have just Doctored the phone; no need to get a replacement, but it's too late now.

If you listed the patches, then we could see if any agree with your symptoms. I would add the patches and kernel back to the phone, but thats your decision.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    Purchased about 5 weeks ago from BB. After about two weeks I added UberKernel, Govnah, and about 12 patches. Over the next few weeks I experienced many common complaints with the Pre....especially double keys when typing, or no keys at all. I can't specifically say if this started before or after loading the kernel or the patches.

Two days ago I lost the ability to place calls, though I continued to get data. I tried everything including a full erase and reset.

Verizon has sent me a repalcement, but the question is whether I should add the patches and kernel back on the phone.

Comments?
    Some other member said he experienced a similar issue when installing UberKernel one day, but we came to think that it was just the Sprint network at the time. What was it doing when you went to go make a phone call?
    Twitter: @Eddie255
  4.    #4  
    Phone would look like it was connecting, then I would get the message on the display "call failed, network busy".

I tried a complete erase, but not Doctor. I wonder if the overclocking somehow overheated the phone radio to a state where it was not working.

Anyway, I have my "new" Pre, and I have loaded patches and Preware, but not UberKernel. So far, so good. And no double or missing keys! (Which in retrospect I think was happening from the day I got the phone).

Another hypothesis I have is that because I bought the phone at BB, it was one of the early Verizon Pre's and had been sitting in a store for a long time.....I don't know if they improved the hardware over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    Some other member said he experienced a similar issue when installing UberKernel one day, but we came to think that it was just the Sprint network at the time. What was it doing when you went to go make a phone call?