1.    #1  
    I just checked the new HP wireless central and on the " pick your carrier " i only see ATT and Verizon. Does that mean the next device will not be on Sprint?
    this whole sprint thing needs to be addressed. There's alot of chatter about sprint not being a part of the new palm and it's frustrating for the many sprint users with basic pre's
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I just checked and Sprint is listed.
    Sprint isn't on the pick your carrier for the plus versions. It's there for the Pre and Pixi though.
    My guess is that sprint had old units/original palm pres and palm had stopped making the original(sprint ones) ones and now just have pre +'s....my take on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mofishmgr View Post
    Sprint isn't on the pick your carrier for the plus versions. It's there for the Pre and Pixi though.
    I'm bummed because I want to buy a Pre for my son, who is now eligible for upgrade, but they are still selling it for $99 on the HP web site, and $149 on the Sprint web site. A Pre Plus is FREE on Verizon, and it comes with MHS! What's up with that? If they don't fix that pricing, he will end up with something else soon. C'mon Sprint, join the party.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    I'm bummed because I want to buy a Pre for my son, who is now eligible for upgrade, but they are still selling it for $99 on the HP web site, and $149 on the Sprint web site. A Pre Plus is FREE on Verizon, and it comes with MHS! What's up with that? If they don't fix that pricing, he will end up with something else soon. C'mon Sprint, join the party.
    With a Verizon plan that is equal to the Sprint plan, you will make up the difference more than 2-fold in the 24-mo life of the contract. The cost of the hardware is meager compared to the overall expense. Furhtermore, you will have 12-mo upgrade eligibility on Sprint ...you will have to wait for 24-months on vzw. Sprint's EFT's are a fraction of vzw if you cancel within your 24-mo term. From a value perspective, it's a no-brainer....pay the $99
    Or see if they still sell it at amazon or walmart, you will get it cheaper.
    not true you can upgrade every 12 month on verizon too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    With a Verizon plan that is equal to the Sprint plan, you will make up the difference more than 2-fold in the 24-mo life of the contract. The cost of the hardware is meager compared to the overall expense. Furhtermore, you will have 12-mo upgrade eligibility on Sprint ...you will have to wait for 24-months on vzw. Sprint's EFT's are a fraction of vzw if you cancel within your 24-mo term. From a value perspective, it's a no-brainer....pay the $99
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    not true you can upgrade every 12 month on verizon too.
    For the full 2 year price?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    You can upgrade after 11 months on VZW if you renew your contract for another 2 years. My wife got herself an LG Chocolate and a week later I got my palm pre+ for $50, eleven months after getting a Motorola W755. Only thing it cost me was a new 2 year plan. We're both getting new phones every year on VZW.
    I see Sprint listed in a couple spots on the site...
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Thanks, but we are already on Sprint, so I am not saving anything to buy him a Pre and let him upgrade from the Instinct. We have 7 phones on a family everything data share plan with 1500 minutes. We pay about $230 per month. It would be a lot more at Verizon; we are not switching, but I am not upgrading, either, unless the price is right.

If the Pre was $99 everywhere, I might consider getting it for him. But it's free on Verizon, and likely to be dropped to $49 or free at Sprint in the near future. If they take too long, and he really wants a phone, he might get a Moment if they drop that one down to $29 or so. He doesn't care, he just wants a newer phone. I would prefer it be a Pre, because I think he will like it better. But I'm not going to pay that much for him to get a new phone right now. I just don't understand why Sprint is maintaining that price for a phone they obviously don't want to hold out as a premier phone--Evo is their baby now, and the Epic is their baby in a few months. So close them out already!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    As a Sprint dealer I agree that it would be wonderful for them to knock $50 off the Pre and Pixi to match prices with the other carriers but I think Sprint is waiting till they are closer to the release of the next Palm phone to do a price cut. Since Palm hasn't announced a new phone, it's hard to say when that might be.

The main issue with doing more priice cuts on the Pre is that it's full retail price is quite a bit higher than the Hero, Moment or even Evo 4G making every price cut a larger chunk Sprint has to eat.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    You guys must be blind. On the HP website, Sprint is well listed. With the original Pre, Pixi, 4G Overdrive and Mobile USB. And the Sprint Pre is selling for $99.99 after rebate. So there you have it. Sprint's Pre $99.99. Go Grab it now!

>> Welcome to our Wireless World
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    sprint is here
    Attached Images Attached Images