1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. I had a theme and a patch installed on my phone (Sprint Pre)that I could not get to uninstall through Preware. After several attempts I decided to run the webos repair utility to get rid of them. It looks as though doing that has removed the patches but for some reason the background pic from the theme is still on the phone as my active wallpaper. Is that a problem? Is it just picking it up as though its one of my pics? Im running the webos repair again to see if it left anything behind and so far it hasnt picked anything at all up. Thanks for the help.

Melissa

Edit to add: I do have the override compatibility option turned on in the repair utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    Hi everyone. I had a theme and a patch installed on my phone (Sprint Pre)that I could not get to uninstall through Preware. After several attempts I decided to run the webos repair utility to get rid of them. It looks as though doing that has removed the patches but for some reason the background pic from the theme is still on the phone as my active wallpaper. Is that a problem? Is it just picking it up as though its one of my pics? Im running the webos repair again to see if it left anything behind and so far it hasnt picked anything at all up. Thanks for the help.

Melissa

Edit to add: I do have the override compatibility option turned on in the repair utility.
    If you plug your phone into usb mode you will see a folder marked scrims or wallpaper, that background pic will be in there, you can just delete it and select your own.
    Themes often leave behind icons and pics and they make no difference.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you very much! I figured it was something like that since it shows in my pics folder and everything else seems to be back to normal.

Melissa
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    Thank you very much! I figured it was something like that since it shows in my pics folder and everything else seems to be back to normal.

Melissa
    No real need to remove the theme wallpaper from your picture folder. You can select any of the default wallpapers or stick with the theme wallpaper and it will not interfere with a WebOS update. I think after the update it puts you back on one of the default wallpapers (I can't remember since the P! theme is the first thing I install after a new update).
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3