Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    I'm probably going to be switching to an EVO in the near future...new job requires an android/iphone app and I want to stick with Sprint for now. But...I really like my Pre and a couple of the apps I have on it. When I get an EVO will I be able to keep my Pre as a Pre "touch" and be able to use it on Wifi or EVO hotspot?

I found this thread..

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...i-use-pre.html

but that is for using 2 palm profiles.

I will not be using another so I should be in the clear...right? A Pre Touch that has excellent battery life.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    You will set it up the way developers do, since they have handsets to test that don't always have service...
    Meta-doctor
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Meta-doctor
    Is that the only way? Ubuntu isn't my thing.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    No need to do anything. Once you remove the Pre from your account, it will still function normally with wifi. Obviously, you can't make calls though.

I suggest putting it into Airplane Mode to significantly improve battery life.

If for some reason you do need to Doctor, you will have to use Meta Doctor to bypass the First Use app. You can still log into your profile afterwards. You can even continue to purchase apps and use the Update app.