Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    My post count shows "lurker status," so I apologize in advance if this has been asked over and over again... although I'm sure the answers will be a bit fragmented and things have since changed.

The slider in my original Sprint Pre began peeling back more than I expected, so I took it into the local Sprint store and asked them to tighten it up, but that yielded worse results and an unreliable connection between the two slider pieces, so I'm getting a replacement handset... here's to hoping the oreo effect won't be as bad.

I made an inventory of the number of packages I have installed through PreWare and came up with 76... that's a lot to hunt down and install manually. Is there a utility that I can use on my home PC to back up the package list on my existing Pre before I take it in? I assume that my OTA profile will restore official apps back to my new Pre, once registered, but I'm on my own with regard to homebrew apps and patches.

Once I'm in the store, what measures can I take to "wipe" or remove all the packages from my existing (bad) Pre before handing it over to the Sprint techs, without harming my personal Palm profile?

What's the fastest way to get the same list of packages installed on my new Pre?

And lastly, since 1.4.5 is probably right around the corner, should I hold off on installing an enhanced kernel? What's the best, battery-life-minded performance enhancement I can add to the Sprint Pre at the moment?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Nada? I'm more interested in the ability to clear customizations to my old Pre before walking into the store... without Doctoring it.

It would be nice if I could find a way to backup or tally all the patches and WiFi HotSpot service too.