1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to resolve the problem where the Pre says it has ten to maybe thirteen percent battery life remaining, but dies shortly after that?

I would think recalibration would at least give me more accurate warnings, if not actually increase the battery life, but I don't know that there's a way to do this.

Any suggestions? Thanks, in-advance.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Needs a new battery. The current one is deteriorating.
    to the OP. How ols is your battery?
    Do you have the patch for "Actual Battery %"?

It may be that the phone UI is reporting a higher percentage than is actually left.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Mine actually does this at 25%
    Batteries don't really charge to it's full capacity. When it shows 100% on your phone it's really about 96-97% charge. However, you seem to have a different situation, the cells in your battery seem to be not holding. (note) You might wanna replace that battery.
    I used to have that happen periodically, shutting down sometime after 20%, but it has changed more recently to being able to get to 0% for a good 30 minutes before it shuts-down.
    yup....had the same problem. recently purchased a new battery and all is back to normal.(well, as normal as it can be with this battery )

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ery-issue.html
  9.    #9  
    It happens with two different batteries that I've had just about since I got the Pre in August 2009.

Weird.

Someone mentioned a patch that shows the actual percentage? Sounds like this is a known thing with the phone. I'd expect my battery to lose some capacity over time, but I wouldn't expect it to come from the "bottom" instead of the "top."
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I have the Seidio 2600mAh battery and I have it on the charger but it's actually losing battery life. I left it at 84% last night, and this morning it went down to 72% while being on the charger? Idk what's wrong.
    same thing is happening to me. I have a Mugen extended battery in there now. Maybe its time to switch back to the regular Pre battery.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Mm? You guys are using some sort of overclocking kernel, yes? Mine has done that since the first 800Mhz OC I installed. Routinely gave the 'shut down soon' error at 20%, with less than 5 mins til shutdown. I have 3 batteries between 2 devices that are rotated regularly. The 1ghz OC was getting to 30-35% and dying, lol. I recently installed show actual % patch, this does address the issue, correct? Just yesterday I drained it to 9% with 1ghz Warthog kernel. Haven't seen a single digit % in a while!