Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

I want to unlock my UK Palm Pre, so I won't have to **** around with modem software anymore (when upgrading to 1.4.5).

It currently runs 1.4.1 outside the UK with a rebel sim and has access to paid apps.

I just wanna be sure I'll still be able to access paid apps after ditching the rebel sim and doing a regular unlock. Anyone able to shed some light on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Hey guys,

I want to unlock my UK Palm Pre, so I won't have to **** around with modem software anymore (when upgrading to 1.4.5).

It currently runs 1.4.1 outside the UK with a rebel sim and has access to paid apps.

I just wanna be sure I'll still be able to access paid apps after ditching the rebel sim and doing a regular unlock. Anyone able to shed some light on this?
    I bought a UK o2 palm pre from ebay and used the nextgenservers unlock. I am on UK vodafone and the paid apps work fine. I have bought about 5 in total.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenkian View Post
    I bought a UK o2 palm pre from ebay and used the nextgenservers unlock. I am on UK vodafone and the paid apps work fine. I have bought about 5 in total.

I am in the same boat as you and was wondering, will updating to 1.4.5 effect our unlock? what carriers update do we have to install on our Pre or doesn't it matter?

Thanks for any heads up

EN4
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EN4CER View Post
    I am in the same boat as you and was wondering, will updating to 1.4.5 effect our unlock? what carriers update do we have to install on our Pre or doesn't it matter?

Thanks for any heads up

EN4
    The unlock is permanent.

Anyway, just did an unlock it I still have access to paid apps (didn't download one yet). So everything seems good!
    The unlock is permanent.

Anyway, just did an unlock it I still have access to paid apps (didn't download one yet). So everything seems good!
    Do you know which carriers update i need to download m8?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    If you want to manually install it:

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...p100ueu-wr.jar
    If you want to manually install it:

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...p100ueu-wr.jar

Thanks Bru, but can you explain what this file will do?

tx

EN4
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Thanks Bru, but can you explain what this file will do?

tx

EN4
    It will overwrite your current install with the new 1.4.5. It will erase all your data on the phone. You will be able to log into your profile and get all your info+apps back, of course.. But you might want to backup your photos, etc.
    It will overwrite your current install with the new 1.4.5. It will erase all your data on the phone. You will be able to log into your profile and get all your info+apps back, of course.. But you might want to backup your photos, etc.
    Thanks for the fast explanation Bru. Have you installed the 1.4.5 update?. have you a link to all the improvements in the update?

Any problems?

Appreciated

EN4
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Thanks for the fast explanation Bru. Have you installed the 1.4.5 update?. have you a link to all the improvements in the update?

Any problems?

Appreciated

EN4
    Just installed it via the link above. So far not much has changed.. I think it's mainly an update for the PDK apps. They're holding out new features for the fall update/webos 2.0?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Actually, none of my data was removed! All photos, backgrounds and files are still there..
    You don't need to "Doctor". I have an unlocked Spanish Movistar Pre operating in Australia and have gone through the OTA update process several times. The update that I get is the Movistar one (you don't get to choose), but there are no language problems, or indeed any effect on the state of my phone. If your phone was a UK O2 phone, you will get that one. It's probably generic GSM EU anyway.