1.    #1  
    I wasn't sure how to phrase the question, but... The Precentral post said Palm withdrew from NASDAQ as it is now a subsidiary of HP. Does that mean that those who had Palm stock now have HP stock,... in the same quantities,... etc?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    PALM stock will be converted to Cash. ($5.70 a share)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Csquared View Post
    PALM stock will be converted to Cash. ($5.70 a share)
    Wow. I didn't know the buyout was so very literal. Interesting.

So, it gives the Palm Investors more than the stock was valued at, just before the purchase, but they don't benefit directly from any growth or advancements that occur after HP takes over and runs with their new, orange ball.

Pros and cons, as with all things, I guess.

Thanks for explaining.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I wasn't sure how to phrase the question, but... The Precentral post said Palm withdrew from NASDAQ as it is now a subsidiary of HP. Does that mean that those who had Palm stock now have HP stock,... in the same quantities,... etc?
    You didn't receive your share holder notifications?
    shareholders are "owners" of a company. Palm was bought by HP, therefore the shareholders were paid, by the shares that they owned. Since they were paid, there is no further benefits in growth or advancement (since they are no longer owners). Or you could buy some HP stock if you wish to continue to benefit?
    So did anyone strike oil on this buyout/payout? How much were the stocks worth when they first became available?
    Sprint FrankenPre 2
    webOS 2.2.4
    Verizon donor
    Don't know if this link will work, but yeah, no one who has had Palm stock for over 2 years is making a cent on this...

Palm, Inc. Share Price Chart | PALM - Yahoo! Finance
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com