1. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    FOr the last week or so, I have had some shutdown issues. I know I didn't turn it off, or anything, and I would go to pull it out of my purse to use, and no response, at all. No button, no power, nothing. Battery has always been 50% or above. I have had to pull the battery and push the power button. This has happened 2 times in as many days.

I need to I guess go to the store and see what the deal is?

Is there any sort of software issue that would cause this or is it hardware? I have Preware on here, and not too much is really downloaded onto this phone.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I have been having the same problem lately. It was suggested to me that:

Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    That might be the problem we saw last year. The battery doesn't fit snugly and closing the slider firmly can cause it to shift and lose contact. See here for a solution: http://www.precentral.net/slider-cra...gyver-solution
    As it turned out, I think it might be related to another patch, "close slider to end calls". I removed the patch and have been sliding like mad and can't cause a crash.

ymmv

jab
    Also if you have the facebook beta app installed some people have noticed it has been causing this issue also
  4. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I not only didn't have that patch on my phone, but I had the "fix" for the battery AND still have a piece of paper in there. So I am not entirely sure if that's it. But that's the first thing I thought of--did the battery come loose...HMmmmm
  5. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    Also if you have the facebook beta app installed some people have noticed it has been causing this issue also
    But I do have this...I might delete it. Bec I DID use this app yest.
    i have had the problem intermittently if i leave the facebook beta app card open.Try to close it after you use it.yesterday was the first time i noticed it shut off the phone completely and i had to put it back on.before i had noticed that it would reset the phone if the card is minimized and left open.I dont believe you have to uninstall it but just make sure and close the card
  7. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I never leave apps open, esp not that one bec I already know that stuff drains the battery. The only app I ever leave open is the phone app. Maybe messaging. I usually close them when I am not using all of them at once.
    Try cleaning the connectors on the battery

1. Dip a swab into rubbing alcohol.
    2. Squeeze excessive alcohol from your swab.
    3. Gently brush battery connectors with Q-Tip.
    4. Allow the battery to sit for several moments to assure the connectors are completely dry.
    5. Reinsert you're the battery into your device and power the device back on.

Do NOT preform the same steps on the connectors in the phone, it can become easily damaged and any damage will be considered a non warranty issue causing you to have to pay for any repairs.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  9. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Try cleaning the connectors on the battery

1. Dip a swab into rubbing alcohol.
    2. Squeeze excessive alcohol from your swab.
    3. Gently brush battery connectors with Q-Tip.
    4. Allow the battery to sit for several moments to assure the connectors are completely dry.
    5. Reinsert you're the battery into your device and power the device back on.

Do NOT preform the same steps on the connectors in the phone, it can become easily damaged and any damage will be considered a non warranty issue causing you to have to pay for any repairs.
    Thank you, I will attempt this tonight.

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    Ahhh....Hahhhh....that could definately be the culprit. I too was using this app when I was having problems. I have not opened the app since trying to figure this all out and have not had a crash. Maybe it was this app all along?
    Mine would do it too every couple of days, I took mine back to the store and my new one hasn't done it knock on wood...
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I just started having the same problem over the last 2 weeks. Thought maybe it was the uberkernal and Govnah patch I installed for over clocking as the problem started shortly after I did that. So I uninstalled them, but it shut down on me again last night.
    Not using the Facebook app. I do notice it has happened when I go and open the slider. Maybe it is causing the battery to lose connection briefly. I will try cleaning the battery leads. But if this keeps occuring I'm going to go back to Verizon and try and get a new phone.