1.    #1  
    I am new at this, so please bare with me. I "rooted" or "jailbreaked" my phone Tuesday evening. Last night, I tried to change the theme and came across a problem. I did try installing the new one before uninstalling the previous one (wrong thing to do I know now). It did finally install the new one, but there was an error message that came with it. I tried to revert (in WebOS) and still got the message. My Pre is now back to the factory settings, but the 2nd theme (from last night) is still listed in PreWare. When I try to remove the installation, I get the following error message.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/net.precentral.themes.harley-davidson-orange.prerm 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "returnValue": false, "errorText": "Some settings could not be saved" }
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/net.precentral.themes.harley-davidson-orange.prerm: line 3917: syntax error: newline unexpected

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And please, when trying to explain it to me, talk down to me, because I'm not a techy person at all. Thanks
    First it's neither jailbreaked nor rooted. Just a bit of homebrew fun
    Could you elleborate on how you got 'back to factory settings', are you reffering to the doctor or another method?
    Going off what you said, my advice would be to run http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html with overide compatibility on.
    Before running you should update your saved package list in preware. Then the repair utility will wipe out all patches and themes. Then just reinstall your patches from the saved package list by the install all button.
    Hope this makes sense to you.
  3.    #3  
    That shows how much I DON'T know about this stuff...calling it the wrong thing I went into the WebOS under Themes and Reverted (on the left hand side of the screen).

I'll try this. Thanks
  4.    #4  
    I did the utility repair, and it did fix a mistake or two, but did not fix the theme issue. I am still getting the same message as above. Help
    Quote Originally Posted by katrina1224 View Post
    I did the utility repair, and it did fix a mistake or two, but did not fix the theme issue. I am still getting the same message as above. Help
    have you tried taking your Pre for a Visit to the Doctor?