Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Also is that with you using the phone or it just sitting there idle?
    Trying to not get my hopes up...
    Before the patch, I LOST 60% during a business day.
    Yesterday, it was only 20%.
    Today? We will see.

Usage: Mostly idle, just some twitter, mail + web during lunch break on WLAN.

Let's see what happens today, but as noone has reported better battery life yet, I guess it was just a lucky day. I know more in 8+ hours.
    Guess it was just a 1-day-yay. Just had a look, lost 15% battery within 3+ hours today.
    No sign of v1.4.5 in Spain yet. I am on v1.4.1 at present and would be happy if the battery just got me through a business day. If only people would stop calling me and sending emails..!!!

Seriously, setting the phone to airplane mode and just leaving it on sees a decrease of around 1,3%/hr (average over 9 Pre we have at work)

Hux, would be very interesting to know how the battery drains overnight with the phone in airplane mode using v1.4.5.
    Current status: 29% battery used, 1.5 hours to go. Usage was more than yesterday, so this is still an improvement over 1.4.1. The biggest improve in battery life was for me to set the email retrieval interval higher. I use 6 accounts at the moment, and setting all accounts to 30 mins or longer interval boosted the phone quite a lot. With just 1 account like the exchange one set to "as email arrives", the battery went down really fast (didnt last a business day).

Ok, I will keep an eye on the battery tonight. Oh, and good luck to Spain in the world cup tonight palmprespain, guess you need it.
    Thanks for the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    Current status: 29% battery used, 1.5 hours to go. Usage was more than yesterday, so this is still an improvement over 1.4.1. The biggest improve in battery life was for me to set the email retrieval interval higher. I use 6 accounts at the moment, and setting all accounts to 30 mins or longer interval boosted the phone quite a lot. With just 1 account like the exchange one set to "as email arrives", the battery went down really fast (didnt last a business day).

Ok, I will keep an eye on the battery tonight. Oh, and good luck to Spain in the world cup tonight palmprespain, guess you need it.
    I have a Spanish Pre and am using it in the Netherlands (the irony ) But still no sign of any update yet
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I have a pre+ here in germany on vodafone.. no 1.4.5 yet..
    Today's battery usage (1.4.5): 25% for 9 hours at work, just a bit of usage.

Before 1.4.5, usage was 50-60% within 9 hours (see above).

I wonder why noone else reports this, my battery got so much better since the patch.
    Thanks, and yes it's frustrating that you're the only one reporting. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    Today's battery usage (1.4.5): 25% for 9 hours at work, just a bit of usage.

Before 1.4.5, usage was 50-60% within 9 hours (see above).

I wonder why noone else reports this, my battery got so much better since the patch.
    If this holds for more than a few days, Palm may finally have sorted the battery life. I'm draining at about 3%/hr idle, much more when using the phone. Still no 1.4.5 in the UK, so I can't test it myself.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Just love how it feels a bit snappier. When swiping to delete several emails it used to stutter during the swiping animation and sometimes not record the following swipe. With 1.4.5 I can swipe without any kind of hesitation, its great.
    I didn't notice any change in performance or battery drain. Maybe the mere reboot helped some people to get rid of some memory hogs?
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.schumacker View Post
    If this holds for more than a few days, Palm may finally have sorted the battery life. I'm draining at about 3%/hr idle, much more when using the phone.
    Well if you look at my numbers, my battery usage with 1.4.5 nearly equals your 3%/hr. It is probably that my pre used more battery than the average pre? Don't know, but since 1.4.5 it got better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by palimpalim
    I didn't notice any change in performance or battery drain. Maybe the mere reboot helped some people to get rid of some memory hogs?
    I got rid of a different bug. My email app was keeping mails for 4 weeks and more regardless of the settings I made. Have it set to 1 week, but it keeps lots of old emails which slowed the whole email process down. Fixed with 1.4.5

I am wondering now why this was only fixed for me with 1.4.5, as I doctored my Pre like 2 or 3 times before and it didn't help with those problems. Oh, and random UI reboots didn't happen for me once since the patch.
    I'm glad that email bug is fixed. Do you notice if the camera performance is back to being the same as pre-1.4? After 1.4 it became buggy for many people, including myself. Slow to load, sometimes doesn't reload after minimizing the card, bad lag while taking photos and sometimes getting the "unable to take photo" message.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567