Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    1.4.5 installed, Preware update completed with only one patch error (Toggle 2G/3G in device menu failed to update)

F.A.B.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    available for my Pre too now. Just have to charge the battery before updating...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I wasn't aware that any countries had legal or moral laws that stated that an individual or a company cannot choose who they sell something to.
    Of course there is! An absurd example but that demonstrates that EU regulates the commerce strictly: in every EU countries there are quotas for most of the primary sector products (oil, fruit, etc) so you can't produce/sell more than a certain amount of goods. Getting off-topic here. eheh

Anyway, I will check this with someone who is a fully knower of these subject. eheh I'm just a Med guy.

The thing is the EEC was created and expanded with the intuit of transform Europe in a single market place, so you cannot sell a TV in France and refuse to give assistance in Portugal. It happened to me with a LG TV. I bought it in France and brought it to Portugal. Weeks later it was all freaky. I called LG and LG Portugal as given me assistance directly, the same way they did if the TV was bought here.
    Last edited by glorifiedg; 07/03/2010 at 06:00 AM.
    Got mine at last. Universal search seems faster now with my 7000 contact database. Seems not to give TMC error while searching now.
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    1.4.5 installed, Preware update completed with only one patch error (Toggle 2G/3G in device menu failed to update)

F.A.B.
    Even better here. Congrats for the folks behind aupt-auto-update-patch-technology. That seems quite stable now. My 21 patches all were installed after an OTA update to 1.4.5 here in NL.
    nothing on my att pre yet
    This is the slowest an update has EVER been trickled out. That "small bug" Sprint found must have been a huge deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Sprint didn't find a bug. They introduced a bug.
    The fw is being rolled out to GSM devices running Sprint firmware...
    Seems like some ***** pulled a wrong switch
    I suspect the roll-out is controlled by Palm based on serial numbers.

So it wouldn't matter what firmware is running on your device.

-- Rod
    I didn't get the update notification running 1.4.1.
    I went back to 1.4.0 and got it immediately. (install button didn't install though)
    Were you logged into a Palm profile on the device?

-- Rod
    Yes, it seems you can't get the 1.4.5 without being logged in.
    Something new, right?
    Not sure. I have 9 profiles, so I lose track of them sometimes

-- Rod
    btw for the record: got 22 more apps after the update. There seem to be 22 PDK apps in the catalog atm.

Phone runs more stable now, too. Stopped the random reboots until now. The "minor bugfixes" seem to be more like maior in case of all-day-use. Nice!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I've just refreshed 1.4.5 to my Pre (unlocked QWERTZ), since it was running 1.4.0, and didn't have any updates to it (no 1.4.1, and no 1.4.5) so I think it was time. Used Developing on an Unactivated Device - Palm Developer Center tool to skip the activation, then Preware to install "Show first use app". The Palm Profile backup worked not the way i've expected, good thing that i've been prepared in such scenario, with http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...backup-utility

One thing i've noticed (not sure if it was before), is the "whoosh" sound when you trow away a card.

Another thing, the contacts app don't show most of my contacts pictures (only 5-7 from couple hundred).

update: managed to launtch 19 apps until got TMC error.

Any other "new" features?
    Last edited by pman_lt; 07/04/2010 at 01:50 PM. Reason: app launtch test
    Hi,

I just ran the Emergency File Verification program; it only complained about six .png files - two can easily be removed (they are backgrounds installed through the Quick Installer), but I've no idea about the rest.
    They appear to build the four corners of something - their names all begin with "wm-corner".
    Is it ok to ignore pics? No idea what they should show, because at least in Internalz, all just display a white screen.

Regards,

Jochen
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    The update became available for me on Saturday. And as I was distracted it installed itself when I put the Pre back on the Touchstone. Everything seems OK except of course for both the fact that I don't have the 1.4.5 Uberkernel yet (damn I was spoiled with a 720 compcache Pre) and still no paid apps. I so hope HP will quickly open up the app catalog for the rest of Europe and the world. I guess releasing a tablet as a consumer product not tight to a mobile carrier should require this anyhow.
    if you saw the newest developer podcast with the HP guy, he insists in how many countrys HP is present. This is a sign for me, that they will do this with Palm products too.
    Wow another great fix in 1.4.5 !!
    That greyed out Accounts and Preferences menu item in the App Catalog for unofficial users has finally been fixed!
    No such menu item any more!
    I'm impressed Palm!
    Interesting... I immediately went to check that out and guess what - it was there for me! At least until I swiped back and then went to check out again... :/

Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    if you saw the newest developer podcast with the HP guy, he insists in how many countrys HP is present. This is a sign for me, that they will do this with Palm products too.
    That's what I'm betting on (and probably so many other "unofficial" or wannabe webOS users). If Palm couldn't, HP certainly could pull it off if they wanted.
    Want to get the best Android Apps on your webOS device? Tell HP we need OpenMobile ACL!
    Sign the petition today at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/a...apps-on-webos/
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I suspect the roll-out is controlled by Palm based on serial numbers.

So it wouldn't matter what firmware is running on your device.

-- Rod
    If it is the case, atleast most of the sprint pre should get the update 1st! We GSM Pre would b later.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    If it is the case, atleast most of the sprint pre should get the update 1st! We GSM Pre would b later.
    Blocks of serial numbers indicating allocations to carrier and country, not in a single numerical order.

-- Rod
    the 1.4.5 update became available on my german o2 pre yesterday afternoon. Already downloaded the doctor package, as my pre was slow, random rebooting, bad at scrolling and such. But than decided to use the installer aaaaand - works pretty good now. Smooth and fast, no reboot yet.

1 bad thing: the staying focused on the cursor while typing doesnt work for me. Have to scroll while typing this.

1 good thing: my battery seems better. In general, a normal business day took roughly 60% battery. Today, i had 80% battery left as i left work. Anyone else noticed something like this? I am very curious to see what my battery will be like tomorrow.
    When you say 60% do you mean it dropped 60% so it ended at 40% or you had 60% left by the end? Either way, that's an awesome jump.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast