Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 136
  1. #61  
    I have a feeling that the new release will have the HP logo on boot time.. they had to wait until today for the merger to be complete.. maybe tomorrow?
  2. #62  
    nothing for me as of now...regular Pre from o2 - this is strange, as I always got updates at least in the morning of the following day, not so this time. Waiting on...
  3. #63  
    same here, rot.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    nothing for me as of now...regular Pre from o2 - this is strange, as I always got updates at least in the morning of the following day, not so this time. Waiting on...
    And you're not the only Dutch owner of a German Pre wondering why nothing's showing up...
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by joebel View Post
    And you're not the only Dutch owner of a German Pre wondering why nothing's showing up...
    I'm from germany but this doesn't seem to make it better at all...on the other hand. the update doesn't bring any instant needed new functionality. So it doesn't bother me if I get it within the next days...
  6. #66  
    lol yup. 1.4.5 looks and feels the same
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by SaMsA View Post
    Just hitted the Update App and can download it now... Maybe i can play Sims now on the Palm Pre without restarting java... i will see after the update.

    Edit: Download is about 9MB
    Right - but what are the changes??? Theres no changelog on Palm's WebOS page.

    Palm. Shame on you...
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    You both know you can download and install the webos doctor right?
    And you know you're not missing out on ANYthing.
    Don't you get all rational on me now!

    Maybe I'm just wondering if Palm decided to ignore me even harder .. you know, besides locking me out of the paid applications..
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I'm not being rational; this update is pointless and boring.
    what a nonsense...this is the most important update we got down the road, since it will enable porting apps from other devices, mainly iOS, to webOS. This could kick in some thounsand apps really fast.
    So it's just boring in light of immediate eye-candy. But it shouldn't be boring at all if you think long-time...
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I'm not being rational; this update is pointless and boring.

    BTW: I just got a memo by Palm saying it's OK to resort to piracy.
    Can't think of 1 paid app I would like to pirate though, so I'll kindly and firmly decline.
    It brings PDK ability to the pixi does it not? Wait that must be pointless huh? Wait no it isnt.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    what a nonsense...this is the most important update we got down the road, since it will enable porting apps from other devices, mainly iOS, to webOS. This could kick in some thounsand apps really fast.
    So it's just boring in light of immediate eye-candy. But it shouldn't be boring at all if you think long-time...
    If, as a a legitimate Palm Pre owner you can then get those apps.. maybe.

    I see your point, but there are some weaknesses and some problems waiting to be solved that are not handled in this update or are even visible in a road map, which may influence one's perception of this update.

    At least, that's how it works for me.
  12. #72  
    Reading all of this perfect English, from continental Europeans, is making me feel really bad about the crappy American schools I attended. I'm not saying American schools are all bad, but many have given up on shooting for the moon. They are happy now if they hit a street light.

    (Oops, not a topic for this thread. I'll abort my unintentional hijacking.)

    I'm happy you are getting something first finally.
  13. #73  
    everybody that has a device that has been activated in the right country, has these apps. you can't hammer on Palm for not supporting things they didn't want to support.

    Bugs, etc. are annoying but they already announced webos 2.0 for end of fall, so this should be the next big thing besides app-compatibility. Think you have to wait until then.
  14. #74  
    LOL, finally some action in this thread.
    Just yanking your chains guys.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    you can't hammer on Palm for not supporting things they didn't want to support.
    Don't tell people what they can or can't; it's rude.
    Don't scream "nonsense"; it's rude as well.

    Other than that, all your points are valid statements.
    Last edited by tomi666; 07/02/2010 at 05:11 AM.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    they already announced webos 2.0 for end of fall
    Where did they announce this? I hadn't seen a version number that large mentioned anywhere yet.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Where did they announce this? I hadn't seen a version number that large mentioned anywhere yet.

    -- Rod
    right, that's my own assumption of the version number. But I can't see the things, mainly the gpu-accelerated menu and tons of APIs, database.changes, etc.., they announced on developer day to be a 1.x update. What I give you is, that a webos 2.0 with the current hardware in fall and new hardware in 2011 with e.g. webos 2.1 on it, wouldn't be such a big bang for the new device and therefore it is somewhat questionable.

    But how you may ever number the update, the next big step is expected to come by the end of fall. And that's what has been critisized about 1.4.5...
  18. Rotlaus's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    right, that's my own assumption of the version number. But I can't see the things, mainly the gpu-accelerated menu and tons of APIs, database.changes, etc.., they announced on developer day to be a 1.x update. What I give you is, that a webos 2.0 with the current hardware in fall and new hardware in 2011 with e.g. webos 2.1 on it, wouldn't be such a big bang for the new device and therefore it is somewhat questionable.

    But how you may ever number the update, the next big step is expected to come by the end of fall. And that's what has been critisized about 1.4.5...
    I think we'll get 1.5 in Fall. 2.0 will be reserved for new devices next year, but that is just my own assumption.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Where did they announce this? I hadn't seen a version number that large mentioned anywhere yet.

    -- Rod
    I don't remember the exact source, but Palm did mention WebOS 2.0 during one of their announcements. I think we're still on course for 1.5 in the Fall though.
  20. #80  
    o2 Germany just said, that the exact mode of who gets the update how and when is a mystery to them too

    Twitter / o2 My Handy: @ccgx der genau Modus wer ...
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions