1.    #1  
    I have a problem with my messenger, I cannot sign into Gtalk/AIM/Yahoo. I think a file somehow corrupted & got backed up into the cloud profile. So....

I want to create a new profile so that my messenger can work. But is there a way to re-download the apps I paid for on my original profile? I definitely will not buy them again.

Any help will be appreciated! =D
    Follow Me On

I don't think you can do that. However I think you can change the email assigned to the profile. I recommend that you send a PM to hardbeatz for ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I have a problem with my messenger, I cannot sign into Gtalk/AIM/Yahoo. I think a file somehow corrupted & got backed up into the cloud profile. So....

I want to create a new profile so that my messenger can work. But is there a way to re-download the apps I paid for on my original profile? I definitely will not buy them again.

Call palm i bet they can do something for you.
  4.    #4  
    So I called Palm & asked them if I was able to move my paid apps from the old profile to the new. I told them I don't need any other information moved (memos, contacts, etc). The gentleman I spoke to insisted that it was unfortunately not possible to do.

Oh well. I guess I will repurchase 2 or 3 of the apps I mainly use now, since at the moment everything is 50% off. =(

Thanks for your help Workerb33 & gitit20!
    Follow Me On

Go to the Palm Support site, click on the link to manage your profile, and change your email address there.
    Quote Originally Posted by tvachon View Post
    Go to the Palm Support site, click on the link to manage your profile, and change your email address there.
    That will update your e-mail address associated with your palm profile, not change your profile to a new profile.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Then tell him how it's done
    The only way to link already bought apps to a new profile is through Palm. If Palm won't do it, then I guess it's not going to happen. Sorry, OP...
    Hell no
    Hmm?
    What happens if you edit the appinfo.json file and move to a new profile.
    You don't erase. All your apps still there I guess.
    What happens if you update?

Never tried it though. Possibly won't work because of some install log. But it might
    Sounds plausible. I don't think you would be able to update the apps though since the apps aren't linked to your Palm Profile...
    Perhaps there's some way to rescan the apps, linking them.
    Don't know what happens if you backup.
    I believe the app is linked to a profile once you purchase it.

We need someone willing to do some actual testing.
    THe root of the problem...... what makes you think that the problem with messenger has to do with your palm profile??? I would trouble shoot everything else before attempting what you are even considering. Not sure if you have done that, but you didn't mention doctoring or anything else before coming to the conclusion that it is your palm profile.

Also I cannot think of what your palm profile would have backed up that killed your messanger..... once again what have you done to trouble shoot this/come to this conclusion?
    In fact, what you need is to turn off backup, and it erases your profile (email and messaging accounts, calendar, etc), and it just leaves your apps.

So, I think you want to erase your profile backup, do a webos doctor, and login to your profile again.

You'll end with a new, clean install, and all your paid and free apps installed.

No accounts on the device, you'll have to set them up again.

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post

gregroll's messaging hack usually causes the Palm backup cookie to corrupt. Turn off backups, Partial Erase and you should be ok.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Thank you very much for the advice. Turning off the back up seems to do the trick for me. In my case, I now believe the problem to be one of my email accounts (or at least one) I have been going for a couple of weeks now without a "restore" crash. Next is to find out which account is causing the problems. My guess is its our old exchange server. Next guess would be one of the strangely formatted email addresses in my gmail account may be to blame. Anyway, the phone is much faster without the accounts installed so its tempting to leave it that way.