1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, i was about to type a text when i my palm pre phone froze and turned off, now on start up the palm logo will appear and remain for 30 or so seconds before fading and starting what I believe to be the boot/start up process again.

I'm faily sure my phones knackered, but is there any solution to this, I have tried web os doctor but becuase the phone seems to restart it cant complete the rebooting cycle.

Any help would be really appreciated

Cheers
    Try holding your volume up button down and connecting your USB cable simultaneously that will get your pre in to recovery mode, and try doctoring your pre during recovery mode. Hope this helps.
    Palm Pre is like an iPhone 5G, WebOS is unique.
    What did you do before that?
    Did you install any kernels? themes?...something...Give us a little more info. But either way, try what Bawezy says and doctor it. Thats pretty much your only option.
  4.    #4  
    I have done the dotor thing but because it resets it cant complete the process, all ive installed is apps nothing homebrew or anything
    Do this before you start the doctor process
    Try holding your volume up button down and connecting your USB cable simultaneously that will get your pre in to recovery mode, and try doctoring your pre during recovery mode. Hope this helps.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah ive tried it a few times now in recovery mode but during the check that webos doctor does, it begins to startup the phone, my phone then proceeds to restart itself every 30 seconds, which webos doctor reads as a disconnection and starts the process again, and thus the cycle continues
    Quote Originally Posted by pratty View Post
    Yeah ive tried it a few times now in recovery mode but during the check that webos doctor does, it begins to startup the phone, my phone then proceeds to restart itself every 30 seconds, which webos doctor reads as a disconnection and starts the process again, and thus the cycle continues
    When you tried that, did you see a USB icon when you did that procedure with the volume?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    this happened to my launch day pre not too long ago.. it was after i did not properly uninstall/install a kernel (perhaps purposely done? ) if you have insurance on it.. it'll be a free replacement as they will not be able to determine the issue.. if you don't have insurance, you're sol.. that pre is a goner!
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    this happened to my launch day pre not too long ago.. it was after i did not properly uninstall/install a kernel (perhaps purposely done? ) if you have insurance on it.. it'll be a free replacement as they will not be able to determine the issue.. if you don't have insurance, you're sol.. that pre is a goner!
    Not true. Do the recovery mode procedure and your Pre would have being golden again. Just follow simply procedures.

How To Recover - WebOS Internals