1.    #1  
    Hi,
    Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area. I did a substantial search and couldn't find anything on this. Also, I have run the repair utility and that didn't seem to fix the issue either. I'd like to try to avoid a full on visit to the Doctor if possible as I have a boatload of installed patches (47) at last count and haven't yet needed to (hope I don't have to either) Doctor my Pre Plus (Verizon model).

No matter what I try to look up in the Help App I get a "Failed to load the requested page" notice along with the yellow triangle with exclamation mark. Sorry, can't load a screen cap just now.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks,
    seems to effect a large number of users..
    If you are running the iPhone spoof patch, this will kill your Help App. Uninstall the iphone spoof patch and luna restart. Help App should be working then.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    If you are running the iPhone spoof patch, this will kill your Help App. Uninstall the iphone spoof patch and luna restart. Help App should be working then.
    Help app *MAY* be working then.... have had a couple people still not get it back lately after iphone spoof removal.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Amazingly, the iPhone Spoof Patch is not one of the patches I have! I'm of the mind that if I wanted an iPhone, I'd have gotten one so I didn't need my Palm Pre Plus either acting like or looking like one so none of my patches contain anything related to iPhone!

Any other popular patches known to cause this? I could list all my patches but I was trying to spare you all the pain!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    FYI: The iPhone spoof patch (or tweak) only makes a Pre look like an iPhone to websites which are designed to display correctly to iPhones. The patch has nothing to do with the way the Pre performs or its aesthetics.

There have been a couple of threads on this problem, one in the last week or so. If anyone can post the links, it might be helpful.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Yup IPhone spoof breaks native help and engadget.
    No fix for that
    The only other patch that causes this issue is the ad-blocker. If you have the ad-blocker tweak installed through WOSQI, turn it off.

Here's a link that discussed/solved the issue recently:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...und-error.html
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    FYI: The iPhone spoof patch (or tweak) only makes a Pre look like an iPhone to websites which are designed to display correctly to iPhones. The patch has nothing to do with the way the Pre performs or its aesthetics.

There have been a couple of threads on this problem, one in the last week or so. If anyone can post the links, it might be helpful.

Yup, I knew that - just didn't express myself really well! Thanks. Now I'm off to uninstall the "Block Ads" patch and Luna restart to see if that fixes the problem.

Hmmmm - nope. No love yet on the broken Help App issue. Not sure what to try next. Eh, may just live with it until the next update as I'll have to unload patches then anyway.
    Last edited by qwiklight; 06/30/2010 at 04:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    Yup, I knew that - just didn't express myself really well! Thanks. Now I'm off to uninstall the "Block Ads" patch and Luna restart to see if that fixes the problem.

Hmmmm - nope. No love yet on the broken Help App issue. Not sure what to try next. Eh, may just live with it until the next update as I'll have to unload patches then anyway.
    Don't Luna Restart... Do a full restart. The ad block patch was my issue a few months ago.
  12.    #12  
    I decided to do a full restart following the unsuccessful Luna Restart (even before your suggestion pastorrich1 - thank you) and eureka! It seems to have done the trick.

I love PreCentral and my Palm Pre Plus!!

Thanks everyone!!
    Ad blocker was my problem. I deleted it & now all is well with my help.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Don't Luna Restart... Do a full restart. The ad block patch was my issue a few months ago.
    Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    I decided to do a full restart following the unsuccessful Luna Restart (even before your suggestion pastorrich1 - thank you) and eureka! It seems to have done the trick.

I love PreCentral and my Palm Pre Plus!!

Thanks everyone!!
    Glad you are up and running now!
    Any chance you wanna merge this thread with this one?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...t-my-help.html

The thread we are in has some info the other thread didn't have, might help folks and get all the info into a single thread.