1.    #1  
    So I went to a Sprint repair store a couple of days ago to get my power button fixed (and got it fixed without it having to get a new Pre, which was nice ^.^), and while there they also replaced my battery because, apparently, the battery that was in my Pre had been recalled.

I haven't heard anything about this aside from them telling me that there was a recall, but does anyone else know about this?
    How bad was your power button? does it click again? Mine hasnt clicked in forever and i have a sliver of an eraser on there to keep it up high.
    Quote Originally Posted by LJZaur View Post
    So I went to a Sprint repair store a couple of days ago to get my power button fixed (and got it fixed without it having to get a new Pre, which was nice ^.^), and while there they also replaced my battery because, apparently, the battery that was in my Pre had been recalled.

I haven't heard anything about this aside from them telling me that there was a recall, but does anyone else know about this?
    Early batteries were known to come loose and momentarily disconnect, causing the Pre to reboot upon closing the slider. They've added a piece of foam cushion to the top of the battery/battery compartment to prvide a tighter fit. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "recall" but essentialy Sprint was swapping them out for newer battery builds or adding the foam tape fix. I'm suprised this is still going on. It was an issue in the first few months after launch and since been resolved with better battery builds and/or the foam tape installation into the compartment...haven't heard about it since
  4.    #4  
    My power button sucked, wouldn't click at all, but I kept a folded piece of paper in there for a while and that worked for me, but I just wanted to get it fixed and not worry about it. Ironically, it seems to be less sensitive now.

As for the battery, I knew about the early batteries, but this is my second pre, and it didn't have any problems at all in terms of battery life or loose fit, neither did my first pre, either, which is why I just thought it odd that they replaced it. Also ironically, the battery life seems to be a bit worse, though that maybe because it's a new battery...