1.    #1  
    are you able to, with the bell warranty, order a new phone(for $150) recieve it, unlock it, and able to use both(the current phone u have, and the new one)??? or do they deactivate it once they send u a new one .
    Don't quote me for this, but you probably need to so the ESN change yourself on eCare.

But one thing I can tell you is, there is no "unlocking" with the Bell Pre. It's CDMA and it only works with Bell.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    IMO, the Bell extended warranty is a rip-off. An extra $7 per month on your bill, PLUS an additional $150 for a replacement phone. When I got my Pre, the Bell rep "highly recommended" I go for it. But of course he would, it's a very sweet deal for Bell, and I'm sure he gets his cut of every extended warranty he sells. As we all know, pushing extended warranties is a very lucrative business in the consumer electronics industry.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    IMO, the Bell extended warranty is a rip-off. An extra $7 per month on your bill.
    Not to mention that they will not even replace your Pre with another one, they decide what phone to send you. Usually the ****tiest phone they have in stock.

EDit: About the OP question, ask the seller to give you the ESN and call Bell to see if they can add it to their network. If you want to have multiple phones, get a family plan.
    Last edited by T3CK; 07/05/2010 at 12:54 PM.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Not to mention that they will not even replace your Pre with another one, they decide what phone to send you. Usually the ****tiest phone they have in stock.
    LOL...you gotta be kidding! Somehow my Bell Rep. failed to mention THAT part of the ext. warranty package when he repeatedly reminded me that it was "highly recommended".
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    lol so what's the point of the extended warranty anyways?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    lol so what's the point of the extended warranty anyways?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $only$ $point$ $is$ $more$ $profit$ $for$ $Bell$ $LOL$
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    that's ma bell's MO! mo money mo money mo money!
    customer service is craptacular also.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    That just seems like scam artistry. I remember declining this when it was offered to me but I wish I'd have asked for details about it. If you have to pay $150 ($150!!) to send it in for repairs, may as well just buy a new (more reliable) phone.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    That just seems like scam artistry. I remember declining this when it was offered to me but I wish I'd have asked for details about it. If you have to pay $150 ($150!!) to send it in for repairs, may as well just buy a new (more reliable) phone.
    Agreed. So, with a 3 year contract, you would be paying $252 over and above your other fees (like the notoriously scammy "system access fee" for one ) and then ANOTHER $150 on top of that. So, you'd be looking at more than $400 for what would probably be a POS replacement phone. ...Uhm....no thanks!
    So glad i work at Wal-Mart Connection Center Selling Phones. Bell ran a promotion giving everyone 50% off there bill on 1-3yr contracts so i got my Pre. Sadly the power button broke and have been waiting for a replacement for 3weeks now. You can get rid of the SAF but you would have to change your rate plan and the plans with them are generally better like My plan i have unlimited data no ****ing way i want to lose that.