View Poll Results: Which Keyboard do you prefer?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hardware Keyboard

96 79.34%
  • Virtual Keyboard

13 10.74%
  • Haven't tried Virtual Keyboard, so no comment

12 9.92%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Hardware keyboard. That's like, the whole point of the Pre for me

I have the virtual keyboard installed and use it sometimes. If the next-gen Palm handset has a larger screen, and maybe some cool draggy-typy thing like I saw on my friend's Android phone, I would use it more. The Palm Pre screen is just too cramped for me to type accurately and comfortably on a virtual keyboard.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I really like the virtual keyboard patch.. but there are times when the physical keyboard is the answer. With the Pre, I get the option. My vote, VKB.
    One of the reasons I went with the Pre+ is for the hard keyboard. It gives iPhone users envy.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I use both but prefer the VK now that I am running the 1ghz kernel and the latest update that enabled backspacing in the browser. I really like eazys gloss theme keyboard, it looks great and the letter spacing works very well for me. I still use the hardpad mostly out out of habit now.
    I prefer the hardware keyboard in landscape mode,really.
    I can touch type with my thumbs. I mostly don't have to look at the physical keyboard when I type. I wouldn't buy a phone with VKB only.
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    I use both but prefer the VK now that I am running the 1ghz kernel and the latest update that enabled backspacing in the browser. I really like eazys gloss theme keyboard, it looks great and the letter spacing works very well for me. I still use the hardpad mostly out out of habit now.
    is there a working version of eazys gloss theme keyboard? on the webosinternals wiki that is still under the section that says the theme does not work. I even tried it and those themes don't work. How'd u get yours to work?
    hard keypad for me. I do all my big typing chores on my computer. My phone is just for quick texts and emails, notes and so on
    hardware but would love a usable vkb
    Quote Originally Posted by olufadi1 View Post
    is there a working version of eazys gloss theme keyboard? on the webosinternals wiki that is still under the section that says the theme does not work. I even tried it and those themes don't work. How'd u get yours to work?

Download it through Preware. You know to press the little gear sybmol to bring them up right? I had to set eazy's theme as my default through WOQI but I think this update may make them stay instead of it resetting every time you exit from it.
    How do you get the backspace to work with vkb in the browser???
    "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?
    "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"
    #WhatsaDollaHolla! http://up-toprec.webs.com/
    www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
    http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
    www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
    Quote Originally Posted by Yickyaddy View Post
    How do you get the backspace to work with vkb in the browser???
    Checkout the posts starting at #2787 of this thread for info on accessing and installing 'Keyboss' and 'uinput' -- you should know how to find and add test feeds to Preware. Warning, these are in the testing feeds so your phone may get sick. Also, feel free to use the 'Donate' link in the developer, egaudet's, post.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    hardware keyboard. The reason I chose the Pre. Staying with WebOS Cause you all here on precentral rock! VKB was very inferior 2 me.
    the virtual was handy for the occasional quick sms response but it felt buggy/laggy to me so I uninstalled it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    the virtual was handy for the occasional quick sms response but it felt buggy/laggy to me so I uninstalled it.
    Overclocking gets rid of all of the lag. Almost all the bugs have been ironed out by now as well.
    that might be why. I had installed the vkbd when I was a new pre user. Im running f105 now and might give it a go
    Coming off of a Blackberry, I'm happier with the Pre keyboard than I expected to be, as the BB keyboard looks sturdier with more space between keys. But the Pre keyboard has been great.

I haven't tried any of the virtual keyboards yet. There are times when I would like to use one - mainly for entering a web url or responding to something on Facebook. I hate having to slide the keyboard open.
    But the VKB reviews just don't make it sound so great. Plus I haven't installed preware yet (I've only had the phone a couple of weeks), so I guess I'm being lazy.

I took a quick look at the 3 keyboards available in the app store. One gets some really good reviews, but if it's not integrated into the OS, it seems pointless - to open up another app just to enter a URL?

I prefer a tactile keyboard in every instance, and can't write a long email on a virtual keyboard. But I would love a high quality easy to use virtual keyboard for those really short snippets of text.
    Quote Originally Posted by jay12345 View Post
    i voted xfor the hardwafe keynboard but i am typinvg this replh with the vkb. this is how it works for me every time. and i cant backspace to fix my mistakes.
    LOL. this should curb some peoples opinions towards the hardware keyboard!
    hardaware keys rule.... Why ? Cause they work.... Virtual is buggy period.
    I love using both keyboards. I keep using the vkb knowing it keeps improving. I don't do any testing so I haven't used the keyboss & uinput add-ons yet but I can't wait for them to be released since they will add auto-correct & backspace capability! Thanks for all your hard work on it!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast