Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    When I receive calls and make calls the screens just turns black, can't hang up nor make calls after. Have to restart the phone everytime. Does anyone know about this or a solution to it?? Thanks! Good day everyone!!
    Perhaps your having issues with the proximity sensor?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    wga scott are you still having the screen issues or did you find a fix? I am having the opposite problem, my screen wont turn off when i put it to my face during a call and I end up opening/dialing all sorts of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by wgascot View Post
    When I receive calls and make calls the screens just turns black, can't hang up nor make calls after. Have to restart the phone everytime. Does anyone know about this or a solution to it?? Thanks! Good day everyone!!
    I know the proximity sensor make the phone go dark..while having close to your face, and the opposite when remove from the face. The cause for the phone not hanging up, or make calls after is a different issue. Run webos repair utility on the device. I believe you might have some missing or corrupt files. Ps. Sometime a hard reset can fix that problem too.(Batt Pull) Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbuofu View Post
    wga scott are you still having the screen issues or did you find a fix? I am having the opposite problem, my screen wont turn off when i put it to my face during a call and I end up opening/dialing all sorts of things.
    Follow the same advice I gave Wgascot. Best of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbuofu View Post
    Could be for the same reason that ryley posted above -- your proximity sensor. You can test it by going to Device Info, then go to the menu in the upper left corner. Tap Tests, then Interactive tests, then Screen. Skip to second test.

Also, do you have a screen protector or skin. They sometimes interfere with the sensor.