Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by baro1001 View Post
    hello i just recently bought a palm pre on craigslist and it turned out to have a bad esn number. want to know if there is any way i could be able to use it it turns on fine and everything but will not let me sign in it catches signal sometimes but the ev signal never comes on. lmk if theres anything i could do it would suck to spend all that money on a phone that i cant use. anything would be appreciated thanx
    I have had this happen before i bought a phone about 2 years ago and it had a bad ESN the original owner neglected to pay his or her or maybe It's bill and thus black listing the phone...

I talked to sprint and talked to the customer relations department and they allowed me to activate my phone I did have the eBay receipt to prov that i bought it legally and they opened some kind of case and so on i am not sure how often they do this but i asked really nicely and was able to get it all worked out. The phone was a Treo 700WX you may try that rout also if you still have the persons number or contact info call the police and tell them whats up often they will deal with it i have also gone that rout with Craigs list
    what exactly is a bad ESN and how does it become bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by lenmac08 View Post
    what exactly is a bad ESN and how does it become bad?
    A "bad ESN" is an Electronic Serial Number that has been blacklisted and generally is not able to be activated on a carrier. It can be put on the blacklist for a few different reasons.

- Owner failed to make payments on his phone service contract.
    - Phone was reported stolen, lost, etc...
    - Other reason i can't think of right now lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    What exactly is an "ESN" ?
    ESN, Let me google that for you
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    LOL, yes google is your friend, better yet search dogile.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it's "Electronic Serial Number" and not "Erasmus Student Network".
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Of Course cash LoL... like i said.. life lesson learned. I just wanted to let the origional poster he's not the only one thats been scammed... I'm just lucky it's an iPhone that i can unlock to other carriers... And there won't be a next time for me
    So you basically have no problems buying stolen goods, and then reselling as you say you plan to do over in Europe. You give lame excuses that the cops don't care, etc. How about having some sort of moral principles and turning it over to the police. Nope, you plan to jailbreak the phone, and then sell it. Class, real class.
  8.    #28  
    well thanks for all the info im going to go look at a palm pre today lol ill make sure this time it has a clean esn
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    you can have it flashed and use it on MetroPCS or Cricket or a similar type companies. it will run $25 for a basic flash or if you find some one good it will run $50 or so and you will be able to use their internet access as well. if not you will have to use wi-fi for internet
    Really? MetroPCS? $40 for unlimited everything on a Palm Pre?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12