1.    #1  
    So, I'm getting myself ready for whenever Palm decides to release the next update for WebOS, but I have a quick question. Since I currently have the F105 (Thunderchief) kernel on my Sprint Palm Pre, do I need to uninstall it before doing the firmware update?
    Quote Originally Posted by maynardblue View Post
    So, I'm getting myself ready for whenever Palm decides to release the next update for WebOS, but I have a quick question. Since I currently have the F105 (Thunderchief) kernel on my Sprint Palm Pre, do I need to uninstall it before doing the firmware update?
    It is an alpha kernel and since you have it installed then you are an alpha tester, I should hope you could figure this out without being explicitly told.

And this is in no way meant to offend.
    from what I read only uber kerrnel is aupt safe and able to leave in along with patches
    yess!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    It is an alpha kernel and since you have it installed then you are an alpha tester, I should hope you could figure this out without being explicitly told.

And this is in no way meant to offend.
    None taken...just had to ask.
    I have heard rumors flying around the Verizon store from reps and employees, that amajor announcement or upgrade is coming soon. I am glad you asked that questio Maynardblue. Now I know as you also do.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I have heard rumors flying around the Verizon store from reps and employees, that amajor announcement or upgrade is coming soon. I am glad you asked that questio Maynardblue. Now I know as you also do.
    WebOS 1.4.5 was released to O2 Germany users a couple hours ago. Now it's reported in France. It should make it's way around the rest of the world overnight... like Santa Claus lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    WebOS 1.4.5 was released to O2 Germany users a couple hours ago. Now it's reported in France. It should make it's way around the rest of the world overnight... like Santa Claus lol.
    lol AT&T users like myself aren't going to hold our breath...
    Someone also got it in Poland.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynardblue View Post
    if you have the newest F105 kernal (~60) then you do not need to remove it for the update. It is OTA safe.

thank you for that bit of info. I clicked the thank you tab I am in the USA , Verizon customer. Still patiently waiting.
    I have recently been playing with my phone (very new at this) and followed instructions on the Homebrew site to change themes, beta test apps, add patches...etc. Will I need to uninstall Preware and default my phone to the original settings before installing the new update or not? Sorry if I sound like a fool, but like I said, this is new to me. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastmanhulk View Post
    I have recently been playing with my phone (very new at this) and followed instructions on the Homebrew site to change themes, beta test apps, add patches...etc. Will I need to uninstall Preware and default my phone to the original settings before installing the new update or not? Sorry if I sound like a fool, but like I said, this is new to me. Thanks!
    Uninstall the theme, you can leave Preware and patches on.
    how do you remove it the thunderchief? I can't find it in preware
    Quote Originally Posted by djcuervo78 View Post
    how do you remove it the thunderchief? I can't find it in preware
    Reinstall Palm stock kernel via preware. Click on available packages, click kernel and then click recovery and install Palm's default kernel
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191