Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have searched and can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I went in Verizon the other day expecting to fight about the crack growing over my USB door but the second I showed it to the guy he just said "no problem, that is under warranty" and sent a refurb to my house. So far all good.

I got the new phone today and got in and downloaded my profile and restored all my patches and got it overclocking... again, so far all good.

So I pick up the old phone to send back and wanna make sure it is all wiped clean (personal pics) but when I put battery in it requires me to log in to palm profile and then denies because can't connect to VZ network.... ok, now not so good...

How can I be sure the old phone is fully erased before I send it back ?

I know they "likely" don't even look BUUUT I would feel so much better knowing it is properly erased.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm in the same boat... gonna try webOS doctor... *shrugs shoulders* but we'll see...
    WebOS Doc is a no go - my computer won't detect that it's directly connected.

I remember Sprint walked me through something last time, but that may have involved the MSL...

Any help?
    1.Connect the USB cable to the AC charger, and plug the AC charger into a working outlet.
    2.If you can, turn off your phone. See Restarting and resetting your phone .
    3.Remove and reinsert the battery. See Replacing the battery on a Pre phone or Replacing the battery on a Pixi phone.
    4.Press and hold the volume up button and connect the USB cable to the phone.
    5.Release the volume up button when the screen showing the large USB icon appears.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...arrier_en.html

Then WebOS doctor should recognize the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by uriel1971 View Post
    ...How can I be sure the old phone is fully erased before I send it back ?
    Go to Device Info / Reset Options / Full Erase. This will wipe your phone. You could also log into your Palm Profile and remote-wipe your device.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Thanks PaulB007, trying that right now, looking good so far... this DOES delete USB partition as well ?

Thanks HelloNNNewman but I can't get in to old phone to erase and deleting palm profile will delete the new phone, I think.

Thank you all for the quick replies, this is a great community !

EDIT: just to be clear it is the USB partition I want to ensure is deleted
    Last edited by uriel1971; 06/29/2010 at 08:17 PM. Reason: add last line
    Can't you simply create a new "dummy" profile to get in? I have one for when I doctor my phone to WebOS 1.1 (which erases the USB partition) so that my real palm profile data doesn't get restored. Then you should be able to do a Secure Full Erase.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I tried that NachoB but the phone no longer connects to network so can't create a "dummy" profile on it.

I did run the doc, just can't get past those blue palm profile screens to verify that the usb is gone.

I might just take it in to a store and have them connect it to their network just so I can double check.
    DOH, I completely ignored that part in your first post
    If you can get your hands on an earlier version of WebOS Doctor (anything prior to v1.3.5 I believe) it will erase the USB partition if you doctor.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    thank you PaulB007 for your help!!!!!