Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got a pre when it came out on Sprint, however my pre is dying (I cracked the screen in 2 places etc.) so I want to replace it. If anyone has any information or any tips on getting a Pre Plus on Sprint I'd love to hear it. I want to stick with Sprint because it's much cheaper and faster in my area.

I realize this probably means buying a verizon pre plus and trying to unlock it, I'm basically just wondering how to do this and if anyone has had success with this.
    Short answer: You can't.

Sprint wouldn't activate the ESN.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    there are many very smart people on this site,if it could be done it would have been done already.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    there are many very smart people on this site,if it could be done it would have been done already.
    Which is why I posted asking about it

That's really disappointing to hear. I feel like Palm is hanging its loyal customers out to try. I'd be happy to buy a Pre Plus on Sprint if it were available but I'm not going to buy another regular pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by litany View Post
    Which is why I posted asking about it

That's really disappointing to hear. I feel like Palm is hanging its loyal customers out to try. I'd be happy to buy a Pre Plus on Sprint if it were available but I'm not going to buy another regular pre.
    lol... it isn't Palm. If Sprint doesn't have the Pre Plus, it's because they A) didn't negotiate/sign and order with Palm for them, or B) are letting stock supplies taper in preparation of a new device. Palm cannot simply force the Pre Plus into Sprint - they have to actually be ordered by Sprint.
    im surprised there isnt a pre plus on sprint yet. it just seems weird to manufacture 2 pre plus models and also a lesser regular pre.
    New hardware is a-commin'... just wait for it
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I remember reading that Sprint's Palm lineup would be refreshed in the late summer, which means August/September.
    With my thundercheif F105 my pre feels and perform like a pre plus. You should be asking for a newer device. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    With my thundercheif F105 my pre feels and perform like a pre plus. You should be asking for a newer device. :-)
    Yeah but it doesn't have double the ram and capacity that the pre+ has.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolqf View Post
    I remember reading that Sprint's Palm lineup would be refreshed in the late summer, which means August/September.
    Really? I haven't seen anything regarding this. I would have expected leaked pics of hardware and details by now...

I think I remember reading that Palm was planning new hardware for next year, but not this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    lol... it isn't Palm. If Sprint doesn't have the Pre Plus, it's because they A) didn't negotiate/sign and order with Palm for them, or B) are letting stock supplies taper in preparation of a new device. Palm cannot simply force the Pre Plus into Sprint - they have to actually be ordered by Sprint.
    But what about the developer devices bought directly from Palm? Why do they have to be tied to a particular network? The carriers aren't subsidizing those devices from what I understand, so why not allow them to be unlocked?
    I have a pre plus i was able to activate on sprint i doctored my pre with the sprint rom and called level 2 tech and they activated it for me. it does not automatically activate like it does with sprint pre you have to enter ##then a 6 diget sml number then another # you have to enter your number and msid once you do that it works just fine it was a pre my friend had on big red and was black listed by big red. every thing worked ok sept you had to put in your voice mail pass code every time no matter what... text worked even my palm profile worked fine it down loaded all my apps and so on i guess i need to post some pics and vids soon or people are going to be flaming and blaa blaa blaa... This is not the first time i have had an non sprint phone on my sprint account any CDMA will work as long as you get all the settings right.... One note to add ONLY level 2 tech will activate a non sprint device they add the ens to there data base and then activate it... in order to enter the SML number i had to go in like i was making an 911 call but i cleared out 911 and just entered the sml code ##000000# and it brought up the programming screen...
    I wish i could get the Pre Plus on Sprint...
    Quote Originally Posted by you1000000 View Post
    I wish i could get the Pre Plus on Sprint...
    read my last post you can i was able too i don't see why you cant...
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    But what about the developer devices bought directly from Palm? Why do they have to be tied to a particular network? The carriers aren't subsidizing those devices from what I understand, so why not allow them to be unlocked?
    They are "unlocked" when it comes to CDMA. The thing is when it comes to the carriers "approved" ESN's (they do not over lap from carriers). As you can see the post above it is possible, but have not seen a lot of people reporting back about successfully getting a phone setup.
    if the plus was on spint, I would buy ten of them, and be set for life. The pre is all the phone I need.. I love it
    Quote Originally Posted by litany View Post
    Rea lly? I haven't seen anything regarding this. I would have expected leaked pics of hardware and details by now...

I think I remember reading that Palm was planning new hardware for next year, but not this year.
    well you read wrong,,it said 'the next yr would be good things' not next year. The next yr means starting now
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    well you read wrong,,it said 'the next yr would be good things' not next year. The next yr means starting now
    Oh man, not this debate again... It was an off hand comment by someone who is not allowed to say anything specifically. It can be taken a myriad of ways. It could mean tomorrow, or it could mean 364 days from now. You can't take a quote like that and infer product plans.

The new devices will be announced and delivered when HPalm decides they will. Personally I hope that is this Thursday immediately following, or included within, the press release saying that the deal has closed. I want new devices on Sprint, but I am one of those naysayers who say that we have seen the only two webOS devices that will ever be on Sprint.
    sprint is small compared to the others.they have many launch day pre customers who love webos. Don't think they want to lose a large amount of customers by doing something stupid like not carrying the new webos phones. From a business standpoint it makes no sense. Especially from a carrier that can't afford to lose many customers. Not to mention a very good friend of mine told me to hang in there,u will be happy,seeing he has worked for sprint for 8 yrs now,myself I can sleep easy with that.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast