Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyButler View Post
    im surprised there isnt a pre plus on sprint yet. it just seems weird to manufacture 2 pre plus models and also a lesser regular pre.
    I think it's a safe bet that Palm is not manufacturing new Pres for Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I have a pre plus i was able to activate on sprint i doctored my pre with the sprint rom and called level 2 tech and they activated it for me. it does not automatically activate like it does with sprint pre you have to enter ##then a 6 diget sml number then another # you have to enter your number and msid once you do that it works just fine it was a pre my friend had on big red and was black listed by big red. every thing worked ok sept you had to put in your voice mail pass code every time no matter what... text worked even my palm profile worked fine it down loaded all my apps and so on i guess i need to post some pics and vids soon or people are going to be flaming and blaa blaa blaa... This is not the first time i have had an non sprint phone on my sprint account any CDMA will work as long as you get all the settings right.... One note to add ONLY level 2 tech will activate a non sprint device they add the ens to there data base and then activate it... in order to enter the SML number i had to go in like i was making an 911 call but i cleared out 911 and just entered the sml code ##000000# and it brought up the programming screen...
    I'd love to see some screenshots and pics of the phone showing Sprint running on the device.
    Also...aren't there some radio frequency differences between Sprint and Vzw that would hinder 3G data?
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I just got a VZW Pre Plus, and Im hoping I can get the ESN added as well!! would love to see some photos too!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'd love to see some screenshots and pics of the phone showing Sprint running on the device.
    Also...aren't there some radio frequency differences between Sprint and Vzw that would hinder 3G data?
    Sprint roams on VZW so I doubt there is a frequency difference (in the sense every device should be able to handle all freq used for both).

Sorry to be a noob but I have a few questions ..

if I buy a VZW pre plus what is the procedure to get it activated on Sprint? Is flashing with sprint rom necessary? where would I get that from? and how do I flash it?

I am assuming once I flash it, I need to call tech support and request a level 2 engineer to get it activated.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    if I buy a VZW pre plus what is the procedure to get it activated on Sprint? Is flashing with sprint rom necessary? where would I get that from? and how do I flash it?

I am assuming once I flash it, I need to call tech support and request a level 2 engineer to get it activated.
    Apart from reading what Gitit20 has already posted, you would have to contact him. He is the only one I have seen who says this has been done.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    I just got a VZW Pre Plus, and Im hoping I can get the ESN added as well!! would love to see some photos too!
    I was not able to get Sprint to add my ESN. However, I swapped COMM boards and all is well!

Got all the goodness that is the Pre Plus with the radio from my already activation Sprint Pre.
    I think that this link may help
    Maybe using QPST the Pre Plus can be ported to Sprint, I made the same with my Pre, I ported it to Iusacell network in Mexico and it works pretty well, some people have done the same with Pres & Pixis Plus. I think the same could be done to Sprint. Here there's a guide to port the Pre to Iusacell (It's on spanish, use google trad to get an idea of what it says), it shows that it is possible to port a CDMA phone to another carrier, the procedure to port the Pre Plus to sprint should be similar, it would change only on the QPST fields.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    Maybe using QPST the Pre Plus can be ported to Sprint, I made the same with my Pre, I ported it to Iusacell network in Mexico and it works pretty well, some people have done the same with Pres & Pixis Plus. I think the same could be done to Sprint. Here there's a guide to port the Pre to Iusacell (It's on spanish, use google trad to get an idea of what it says), it shows that it is possible to port a CDMA phone to another carrier, the procedure to port the Pre Plus to sprint should be similar, it would change only on the QPST fields.
    Interesting read, however, this will not help one get the Plus to Sprint because Sprint still wont add the ESN to their database.
    so how did gitit20 do it?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by litany View Post
    I got a pre when it came out on Sprint, however my pre is dying (I cracked the screen in 2 places etc.) so I want to replace it. If anyone has any information or any tips on getting a Pre Plus on Sprint I'd love to hear it. I want to stick with Sprint because it's much cheaper and faster in my area.
    I realize this probably means buying a verizon pre plus and trying to unlock it, I'm basically just wondering how to do this and if anyone has had success with this.
    Find a magic lamp with a genie in it and wish for one.
    that is not fully tru, unless they just started not adding esn's to there database, or if it is just in regards to the pre/pixi. I have had many phones come threw my hands and i have switched them from Verizon to sprint and sprint to Verizon. i know i have done the Moto Q, Q9c many times, the hardest part is just getting the phone to take the other carreires firmware. If you can get the pre/pixi plus to do a recovery with sprint firmware then you would be good to go to a point.

On the other hand thou sense you are flashing the operating system to say you might not be getting the same power out of the phone because the software tells your hardware how to run, since you are flashing to to the reg pre it would only be using the stock pre amount of ram because we don't know if the software is set to only read the amount of ram that is in the reg pre.

To give a example like running windows vista 64bit which can read up to 6gbs of ram so we install 6gbs of ram then downgrade the operating system to 32bit which can only read 3gbs of ram now we have a problem we just paid the money for 6gbs of ram and we are only using 3gbs of it because the operating system cant read it.

idk this might not make any sense to anyone lol but it does to me.

If someone really wants to know send me a blacklisted pre plus and ill try but i dont have enough want or extra cash to go buy one myself lol.
    Makes sense, but not important. What are the steps to get a Verizon phone on Sprint & what do we say if they say they can't/won't?
    Quote Originally Posted by khazoury View Post
    Makes sense, but not important. What are the steps to get a Verizon phone on Sprint & what do we say if they say they can't/won't?
    Read this thread.... technically you don't have to ask them or hear them say they can't/won't.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...into-plus.html
    Impossible no way it can happen sorry but u should just buy a pre of ebay thats what i did
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Both Sprint and VZW use 1900mhz for 3G services.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I hate to bump an old thread, but I just called up Sprint and they said that they "can't" do it (as in it is not possible for them to send in a ticket).

Does anyone know if Sprint still has the capability to add ESNs, and if so, does anyone have any advice when asking them to add the ESN (or MEID Hex, etc, they actually asked for the MEID Dec when I was talking to them...)?
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Who did you speak too? Did you asked for a second level tech and discuss the matter with them.
    Yeah, went through three of them-- one bailed and transfered me to some random department, one said it wasn't possible (hang up, called back), then the last one tried entering the MEID Dec and said their system wouldn't take it... But who knows if they were lying or not to get me off their back
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    It figures that they would behave like that. I'm not quite sure if it's possible, but I'm sure I remember reading somewhere on the forums... that some member mentioning getting a pre plus working on Sprint - and I'm sure it wasn't about swaping the radio board. I'm searching to see if I can find it.
    It's actually in this thread-- I believe Git20 did it (can't see that far back in the topic review). Maybe I'll PM him and ask.
    Just Pmed him... If anyone else has any ideas as well, I would love to hear them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast