1.    #1  
    I recently moved and no longer get any sprint reception. My phone is a work phone and they told me they would move me to Verizon but to punish me for being a pain I have to have the cheapest winmo phone they can find on Verizon.

Obviously that's pretty horrendous after having the pre. Is there any available hack of clever technique that can be used to move it over in place of my new phone, when it arrives?

If not then I might just abandon my work phone and buy a personal phone as that's just horrible!
    Since, there is no sim you will need to get Verizon to approve your phone (add in their database and have it removed from Sprint's). I have heard(read) that this is not something verizon or Sprint do easily. However, since the phone is available for full price on the website I assume it is doable.
    If your company is paying for the plan you can get verizon Pre plus for $0.01 from Amazon and also get free mobile hotspot (tethering). This way you can get a better PRE and get better service as well.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    If your company is paying for the plan you can get verizon Pre plus for $0.01 from Amazon and also get free mobile hotspot (tethering). This way you can get a better PRE and get better service as well.
    That would be cool but I guess they have some existing way of ordering phones and they refuse to get me a nice one. I think they think I'm trying to trick them into a better phone when I really just don't want a phone that is on 100% roaming in my area as I can't get txt messages for work in a timely fashion.

I might try to get them to update it in their database, I guess it's worth a shot on a corp account.
    It has to do with the ESN not being approved for either carrier.... so when the VZW rep goes to add the phone to the system the ESN will come up as invalid (not a VZW ESN). Some folks have reported that certain CSR's will just add the ESN for you. I don't know how accurate or what the percentage of success is.

I can say for all the threads asking this that I have seen, I have yet to see one OP actually come back and say they got the phone activated on the other service.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    If you are in good third party territory, use Craigslist or Ebay local to buy one. The cost is still in the $150 to $200 RANGE, but better than full price.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s