1.    #1  
    So I recently got a replacement phone through my Asurion insurance plan due to a damaged screen. And I must say I am VERY disappointed so far. Whereas the overall build quality and keyboard just feel more reliable and sturdy, I am experiencing two problems with it:

1) It is lagging terribly and running very slowly for some reason. Sometimes it just seems to sit, and scrolling is often VERY stuttered and jerky.
    2) The touch screen seems MUCH less responsive. It seems I have to tap on icons, buttons, etc., multiple times to get it to register. I don't recall have this kind of CONSISTENT problem with the screen with my first unit.

Has anyone else had this problem. Is there something I need to do to the unit itself, or should I contact Asurion and ask for ANOTHER replacement?

Just wondering about your thoughts.
    sounds all too familiar.......i had the same thing happen to me about 6 months ago after a screen crack. I called them and let them know that i was unsatisfied with the replacement and they sent another one. if i were u i would do the same. fyi............the second one that i recieved was NEW too.
    I just got a replacement and it was super laggy, too. I turned off logging and it went away.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I just got a replacement and it was super laggy, too. I turned off logging and it went away.
    I already set logging to minimal.
    Dang, that sucks. In that case, I'd tell 'em it's busted, lol. If you don't want to deal with Asurion, maybe you can go through Verizon themselves? Don't know how that works with them.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    try doctoring it. Ive had this happen a few times after doctoring my phone. Its as though something didnt quite go right but running the doctor again usually cleared it
  7.    #7  
    I've heard of doctoring it but don't know anything about it. Just run the doctor app on Palm's site? Will I lose data?
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    tough one. you wont lose anything on the mass storage but you will lose settings and any homebrew apps. In an ideal world, all your apps will be retored as well as your email settings etc (although you will need to reenter your passwords) but Palms backup isnt always the most reliable so make sure your contacts are backed up elsewhere. Ive found keeping them backed up to a google account is the best way

but yes, just run the one from the palm site, its a painless process to do
  9.    #9  
    I'll probably try to doctor it tonight and reset it up. If that doesn't help, I'll give Asurion a call tomorrow.