1.    #1  
    Hello Everyone,

I've dabbled with the thought of getting a Pre Plus (AT&T customer) since its debut a month or so ago and just haven't bitten the bullet. I've had a Blackberry and Windows Mobile phones in the past and cannot stand the latter and will be happy to be rid of it when I upgrade.

I live in the DC area and my commute takes me through the metro system .At each station I can get signal but in the tunnels there is no signal. With the Windows Mobile phone if you're texting or sending an e-mail and the signal drops out you are greeted with a huge error screen asking you to retry. It's tedious and annoying and again I'll be glad to be rid of it when I move on.

However the Blackberry has an option to attempt to re-send and receive messages. This worked great in that I can type up a long e-mail or text while in the tunnel and hit send. When the train stopped at a station it'd send any queued up texts and emails once it got a signal again without having to spam 'retry' or something similar.

Alright, long story short, does the Pre have any options like the Blackberry or if you try to send/receive with no signal you are greeted with error messages? Perhaps there is a patch that has this functionality, I do not know.

Thanks to any who can help - would love to get a Pre but with my commute in the tunnels having this feature is a huge matter of convenience for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanHound View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I've dabbled with the thought of getting a Pre Plus (AT&T customer) since its debut a month or so ago and just haven't bitten the bullet. I've had a Blackberry and Windows Mobile phones in the past and cannot stand the latter and will be happy to be rid of it when I upgrade.

I live in the DC area and my commute takes me through the metro system .At each station I can get signal but in the tunnels there is no signal. With the Windows Mobile phone if you're texting or sending an e-mail and the signal drops out you are greeted with a huge error screen asking you to retry. It's tedious and annoying and again I'll be glad to be rid of it when I move on.

However the Blackberry has an option to attempt to re-send and receive messages. This worked great in that I can type up a long e-mail or text while in the tunnel and hit send. When the train stopped at a station it'd send any queued up texts and emails once it got a signal again without having to spam 'retry' or something similar.

Alright, long story short, does the Pre have any options like the Blackberry or if you try to send/receive with no signal you are greeted with error messages? Perhaps there is a patch that has this functionality, I do not know.

Thanks to any who can help - would love to get a Pre but with my commute in the tunnels having this feature is a huge matter of convenience for me!
    As far as I know, there are no error messages in that respect. You type it, it will stay there and just will send when it receives a signal again.
    Twitter: @Eddie255