Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    After doing the "minimal logging" modification I noticed that another benefit besides the improved UI performance was that I no longer got any double key strokes from a single key press. However, I still would get an occasional missed character from some keys (especially O). When typing I sometimes use the pads of my thumbs and sometimes I use the end of my fingernails. I finally realized I was only getting the missed characters when using the pads of my thumbs. The key would give tactile feedback like it was pressed, but occasionally it didn't register. When I use my nails though it always works. I'm finally able to type as fast as I want without looking at the screen for errors! <knocking on wood...>
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Interesting... I did the minimal logging mod also, but I'm still getting missed keys (especially p, grrrrr)
    Sanyo 8100 => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Pre (all on Sprint)
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    The "minimal logging" mod fixed doubled key presses. Try using your fingernails to avoid missed key presses.
    My plus is starting to double type again. I havent changed anything in the last Are weeks but I'm missing more eys and more doubles.
    odd, I am occasionally getting the double typed letters as well. Running uberkernal, which has not been updated to one of the newer versions. Same UK from a month or so ago. Other than that the phone is the same.

vzw pre plus