1.    #1  
    If I use webOS Doctor to fully erase my phone, when I enter the app catalog again, will I still be able to keep my apps I paid for? I don't use the backup app that saves the apps you had to your Palm Profile. Do I need to do this, or will it be ok?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Your Palm profile records all apps you purchased from the App
    Catalog. They should download once you sign into your profile.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    yes you can, I doctor my phone often
  4.    #4  
    Awesome, thanks. I actually hate doing that because you can't connect to WiFi until after all that data is downloaded and I only have 1X at my house, so yea it takes forever.
    If you use a meta doctor you can connect to wifi during
    As soon as you are logged into your Palm Profile and it begins pulling the Apps, activate Airplane Mode. After that you can activate WiFi and it'll continue fast.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Just keep in mind that some people have reported heat problems while downloading all their apps when logging into their profile after a visit to the doctor (especially if you have lots of large 3D games). If that is the case you might consider throwing it into airplane mode and letting your Pre cool down for a while anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    If I use webOS Doctor to fully erase my phone, when I enter the app catalog again, will I still be able to keep my apps I paid for? I don't use the backup app that saves the apps you had to your Palm Profile. Do I need to do this, or will it be ok?
    you need to have backup on and done to not lose everything
    What happens to apps that are no longer in the catalog? Do you just lose them?

Also what about apps installed through Preware or WOSQI ?
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    It will NOT restore homebrew or patches. Anything NOT installed via the standard app catalog will NOT be automatically reinstalled by the palm profile restore. There are ways to backup some parts of those non-automatic backups (save/restore in preware, the backup utility in preware)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Also what about apps installed through Preware or WOSQI ?
    You use the Preware saved package list. It records all of your homebrew stuff. Then you use Save/Restore to restore it after a doctor.

Just make sure after you Doctor and install Preware and Save Restore, that you go into Preware first and create a saved package list, then launch Save Restore and choose Restore. Once it is restored, you go into preware and tap the saved package list and all of your stuff will show up. Now just update all (or individually if you choose).