Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not including YouView (seems like more of a kludge than a solution to getting your GV messages) or dialing in?

I was using GDial, but all I get is an error that my username or password is wrong, when I know that's not the case. I had also been just playing the messages from the link in the transcription email, but that does not seem to work anymore.

grrrr.
    Just out of curiosity, why do you consider the Youview solution a kludge? It works perfectly.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 06/29/2010 at 12:27 AM.
    yes I have my google voice going to you view and it plays right in the app.
  4.    #4  
    It seems like a kludge to me because I have to forward my voicemails to some other mailbox and then listen to them, the transcription is not available through YV, and it's also not a "native" GV app that connects right to GV (security).
    have you tried P2GoogleVoice?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist anymore, or am I wrong?
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    Unfortunately you're right...I'm stuck in the same boat you are. I love Google Voice, but I'm really missing the old native apps :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    It seems like a kludge to me because I have to forward my voicemails to some other mailbox and then listen to them, the transcription is not available through YV, and it's also not a "native" GV app that connects right to GV (security).
    you can still get the messages transcribed to you via sms. With the youview app you just click on the message and it starts playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist anymore, or am I wrong?
    Currently no google voice app for the Pre provides the voicemail functions or text message functions.

Dr. HeathenScum I have my verizon, sprint and Google going to my youview where I can listen to all messages at once. I still get the transcribed voicemails from sprint and google voice calls. Perfect setup for me until a google voice app comes out.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    i simply download GoogyOS which gives me icons of most of Google's Web apps -it has one for Voice which takes you to the web portal of the app and allows you to use it just fine right there. That's what I do now & it seems to work for me... is there any issues with that?
  10.    #10  
    Last I checked, you can't listen to your voicemails through the web "portal".
    Well if you dial ur google voice number from the pre phone app you should be able to listen to ur voicemails.
  12.    #12  
    first post...

Not including YouView (seems like more of a kludge than a solution to getting your GV messages) or dialing in.
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/p2googlevoice

BACK FROM THE DEAD (renamed BACK to P2GoogleVoice)!! This FREE unofficial Google Voice communications service application does all the work for you when you want to place a phone call or send a text. A simple one time only setup with your Google Voice™ communications service number, PIN and email credentials and you're good to go. From now on, just select any contact in your address book or use the built-in dial pad. Your Palm's phone will have all your numbers and commands 'pushed' in ready for you to just tap and talk. Recipients will only see your Google Voice™ communications service number - even for text messages.

P2Dialer is:

fast
    simple and easy to use

No mess, no fuss.... Integrates with your Pre's:

Address Book for easy access to numbers
    Phone to 'pump' the correct key sequence in
    Shake to return to previous screens

Release: 1.0.3

Added GOOG-411 button
    Added Voicemail button <------------------------
    Added contact names to history
    Release: 1.0.2

New layout of Main scene
    Release: 1.0.1 (internal)

User preference of shake to clear
    New layout of Preferences scene
    Added history for last 10 events
    Link to product manual site
    Changed to secure sessions
    Release: 1.0.0

Updated manual dial keypad
    Updated main scene for faster use
    Release: 0.9.2

Enhanced error checking
    Expanded instructions
    Enlarged Send Feedback button
    Enlarged Send Message button
    Changed URL of website page
    Added What's New (this page)
    Release: 0.9.1

Initial release to App Catalog

P2Labs - it's all in the code..
    P2Google Voice works great. Is there anyway to send it to another Pre using the version on my phone, given that it's no longer available elsewhere?
  15.    #15  
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/p2googlevoice

BACK FROM THE DEAD (renamed BACK to P2GoogleVoice)!! This FREE unofficial Google Voice communications service application does all the work for you when you want to place a phone call or send a text. A simple one time only setup with your Google Voice™ communications service number, PIN and email credentials and you're good to go. From now on, just select any contact in your address book or use the built-in dial pad. Your Palm's phone will have all your numbers and commands 'pushed' in ready for you to just tap and talk. Recipients will only see your Google Voice™ communications service number - even for text messages.

P2Dialer is:

fast
    simple and easy to use

No mess, no fuss.... Integrates with your Pre's:

Address Book for easy access to numbers
    Phone to 'pump' the correct key sequence in
    Shake to return to previous screens

Release: 1.0.3

Added GOOG-411 button
    Added Voicemail button <------------------------
    Added contact names to history
    Release: 1.0.2

New layout of Main scene
    Release: 1.0.1 (internal)

User preference of shake to clear
    New layout of Preferences scene
    Added history for last 10 events
    Link to product manual site
    Changed to secure sessions
    Release: 1.0.0

Updated manual dial keypad
    Updated main scene for faster use
    Release: 0.9.2

Enhanced error checking
    Expanded instructions
    Enlarged Send Feedback button
    Enlarged Send Message button
    Changed URL of website page
    Added What's New (this page)
    Release: 0.9.1

Initial release to App Catalog

P2Labs - it's all in the code..
    Last updated 11/03/09??
    I'm able to get my google voicemails just by pressing the 'play message' button in my email. A new card opens, which after a second or two starts streaming the voicemail audio. It works flawlessly.

I do have a patch installed through preware called GSM WAV Codec that may be making this possible for me.

Description:
    GSM 6.10 WAV Codec for webOS. Installing this package allows those with voicemail systems that send gsm encoded wav files via email to listen to these attachments on thir webOS device.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poppeye View Post
    I'm able to get my google voicemails just by pressing the 'play message' button in my email. A new card opens, which after a second or two starts streaming the voicemail audio. It works flawlessly.

I do have a patch installed through preware called GSM WAV Codec that may be making this possible for me.

Description:
    GSM 6.10 WAV Codec for webOS. Installing this package allows those with voicemail systems that send gsm encoded wav files via email to listen to these attachments on thir webOS device.
    So I have an amusing story about doing that and one I learned a very valuable lesson from.

When you listen to voicemails from email, it actually downloads the audio file to the phone (how nice is that) ... well, when your done listening to it, it doesn't automatically delete.

Big deal you might say ... but what IF you decide to listen to music and play it though your car ... and perhaps you may have it on shuffle mode ...

Anyone see where this is going????

The music app on the Pre indexes all audio files on the device ... INCLUDING GOOGLE VOICE audio files ...

So let's just say, when I had a voicemail come up and start playing in my shuffle with my G/F in the car, and it happened to be another girl that left me a message, she was not pleased to say the least
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Not including YouView (seems like more of a kludge than a solution to getting your GV messages) or dialing in?

Well I use YouView with Google Voice and it works brilliantly!

I dont know of any other way or program than YouView because it works so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by poppeye View Post

Description:
    + 1 works for me as well with no issues. And I don't have that codec installed.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 06/29/2010 at 08:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal85 View Post
    So I have an amusing story about doing that and one I learned a very valuable lesson from.

When you listen to voicemails from email, it actually downloads the audio file to the phone (how nice is that) ... well, when your done listening to it, it doesn't automatically delete.

Big deal you might say ... but what IF you decide to listen to music and play it though your car ... and perhaps you may have it on shuffle mode ...

Anyone see where this is going????

The music app on the Pre indexes all audio files on the device ... INCLUDING GOOGLE VOICE audio files ...

So let's just say, when I had a voicemail come up and start playing in my shuffle with my G/F in the car, and it happened to be another girl that left me a message, she was not pleased to say the least
    Funny story, but when I tap the play message link I get an option to stream or download... I just choose stream and nothing gets downloaded to my Pre.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast