Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    My favorite way to listen to google voice messages is to call up the GV #. That way you can listen to voicemails like you would normally, without having to use the speakersphone/headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    How easy is that when the message is from two months ago?
    There's the problem. As far as I know, you can only listen to new messages when dialing in to the Google Voice number. There is no option to listen to older, saved messages.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    Well I use YouView with Google Voice and it works brilliantly!

I dont know of any other way or program than YouView because it works so well.
    I added the Your-YouMail-Account-Phone-Number}@my.youmail.com to my google voice account, and never got a email verification. But then again, I did not expect to, how does You View know its me, when my google voice number is not registered with You View?

I have 2 numbers there, my cell phone and office phone. Am I supposed to also add my google voice number? I began to go through that process, but You View wants to give it a cellular carrier name or call it a land line, did not think either was correct.

Am I missing something? I must be, others are doing this just fine.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    jdod you have to setup account with youview and then you will be able to get messages through youview app. It works flawlessly for me. I have my verizon number set as primary on youview so when that phone is off I still get my messages. My sprint which is my main number is sent to google voice first and then sent via email to youview. Youview app notifies me and I listen to message. I never have to dial a number.
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/11/2010 at 11:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Duh, I completely misread the OP on those instructions, I used my google voice number not my you view number, in the my.youview.com email. So, I did it correct this time.

Still no email to the email address registered with You View.

Are there particular settings necessary at You View in order that they send me the email, or just does it take a while?

Thanks.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I did finally get the verification email, thanks for your help!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Works perfectly!

Question: If I subscribe to transcription with You View, will it also transcribe the Google Voice voice mail?

I know I get text message from Google Voice, but currently I don't get them for regular voice mail, so if I bumped up regular voice mail to transcription, wondering if also Google Voice would get transcribed thus I could remove the text message notes from Google Voice and get all notices within You View.

Thanks!
    If you have your google voice setup for your pre you shouldn't be getting regular voice mail from sprint anymore. I don't think I am understanding how you have it setup. Please provide more details. I understand you having Sprint forwarded to google voice, then google voice emailing youview to get your voicemail through the app. Are you you using the youview app? With your Pre forwarded to google voice that overrides Sprint voicemail.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Are you you using the youview app? With your Pre forwarded to google voice that overrides Sprint voicemail.
    Yes, that is my set up exactly.

I don't get voice mail from Sprint, it all goes to You View, and I just love it!

Now my Google Voice voice mail is going to You View, perfectly.

I am wondering, now, if I add the transcription to You View, will it transcribe the Google Voice voice mail that now goes to You View via the You View DropBox email address? Along with the regular voice mail received there?

That way, I can remove the text notification I get from Google Voice with their transcription.
    I don't think so. You would have to have your google voice going to YouView for that to happen. Google voice transcribes and then emails. You would probably have to have Youview catch the google voice message before it starts the transcription and I don't think that it is possible to forward your google voice to another number.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I noticed in You View that when you play a voice mail recorded there normally, without being forwarded by the DropBox email address (from Google Voice for example), there is a text box with a message saying "Want to actually read what I said? Get a free trial of voice-to-text transcriptions."

When you play a message forwarded from Google Voice via the DropBox email address, instead in the text box is the first few words of the message, about 50 to 60 characters max, then below the text box is a message which reads "This transcription cannot be corrected".

So, mamouton, I believe you are exactly correct, Google Voice message would not be transcribed. But I think I will take the free trial and see, never tried it yet.
    Let me know how it works. I haven't tried the youview transcriptions yet because I don't want to pay for something that probably won't work well and I usually forget to call and cancel free trials. LOL
    Let me know how it works. I haven't tried the youview transcriptions yet because I don't want to pay for something that probably won't work well and I usually forget to call and cancel free trials. LOL
    I have used the youview teanscription, and it is surprisingly accurate. You can also send corrected messages back to them for use in tweaking their system. It's at least worth the free trial.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am going to give it a shot, are you forwarding your Google Voice voice mails in to You View, and were they transcribed as well?

And by the way, they should be accurate, they take the voice mails, break them up into segments so that each segment does not convey a message, send those segments to real people, who transcribe them, then they are recompiled into one text message.

That's how they did it when I first looked in to them a while back
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I see now there is a machine transcribed option, its faster, so I selected that.

What about the text message option, selecting "none" won't impact You View getting the text transcription, right?
    I guess I will try the free trial then.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    After testing the transcription with Google Voice, what you get in the way of transcription is about the 1st 60 characters, that's it, so it does not work.

Also, since the voice mails are forwarded to Youmail, when you delete a voice mail forwarded from Google Voice inside YouView, or at Youmail, it is not deleted from Google Voice.

So, there are serious shortcomings utilizing Google Voice with Youmail/YouView.

I will take what I can get right now, but we need a Google Voice app.
    jdod I have my voicemails transcribed with google voice and I get more than the 60 characters when I get the text from google voice. Yes that is unfortunate we don't have a google voice app I emailed flpalm the gdial dev to see if the changes palm and google made would allow his app to work again.
    jdod I have my voicemails transcribed with google voice and I get more than the 60 characters when I get the text from google voice.
    Yes, but how accurate are those transcripts? The ones I get from google voice are rarely accurate, somewhat humorous and mostly worthless.

I don't know if YouMails are any better. I can't see paying for a service that doesn't work.
    I never rely on the transcriptions. Having my google voice routed through youmail app allows me to listen to them without calling in. Youmail lets the message be heard via my bluetooth headset as well.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    jdod I have my voicemails transcribed with google voice and I get more than the 60 characters when I get the text from google voice.
    So do I, I was just wishing I could stop having Google Voice send me the text if I could get the complete transcription in YouView via Youmail. It is within YouView/Youmail that only 60 or so characters are delivered.

And yes, the transcription in Google Voice is a complete joke, sometimes I can't even guess what the heck the message is about, so I just might stop the texts from Google Voice anyway and just listen to the forwarded message within YouView.

I emailed flpalm the gdial dev to see if the changes palm and google made would allow his app to work again.
    There has been a lot of water under the bridge since he stopped development, perhaps things have changed enough. Please let us know if he replies.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123