Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If you have GV send you voice mail notifications/transcriptions to email they play on the Pre (streaming)....I have been doing this for at least 6 months, works fine.

Edit: I do not have the above mentioned GSM WAV codec installed.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 06/29/2010 at 04:50 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal85 View Post
    So I have an amusing story about doing that and one I learned a very valuable lesson from.

When you listen to voicemails from email, it actually downloads the audio file to the phone (how nice is that) ... well, when your done listening to it, it doesn't automatically delete.

Big deal you might say ... but what IF you decide to listen to music and play it though your car ... and perhaps you may have it on shuffle mode ...

Anyone see where this is going????

The music app on the Pre indexes all audio files on the device ... INCLUDING GOOGLE VOICE audio files ...

So let's just say, when I had a voicemail come up and start playing in my shuffle with my G/F in the car, and it happened to be another girl that left me a message, she was not pleased to say the least
    I had something very similar happen once, but it was a message from my wife, and I was half asleep, listening to thrash metal, on a frickin airplane... I nearly jumped out of my skin.

I don't think it saves the messages anymore, as I have not had seen that happen since then.

Than again, I can't get the messages to play that way any longer.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I'd have to check, I haven't tried to listen to voicemails on my Pre in, well, a long while let's say
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal85 View Post
    So I have an amusing story about doing that and one I learned a very valuable lesson from.

When you listen to voicemails from email, it actually downloads the audio file to the phone (how nice is that) ... well, when your done listening to it, it doesn't automatically delete.

Big deal you might say ... but what IF you decide to listen to music and play it though your car ... and perhaps you may have it on shuffle mode ...

Anyone see where this is going????

The music app on the Pre indexes all audio files on the device ... INCLUDING GOOGLE VOICE audio files ...

So let's just say, when I had a voicemail come up and start playing in my shuffle with my G/F in the car, and it happened to be another girl that left me a message, she was not pleased to say the least
    Lol, bummer. I'll remember that tip.
  5.    #25  
    I have no idea why, listening to the voicemails from the link in the transcription email used to work, but does not now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Last updated 11/03/09??
    yea, I guess so, still works, still available though.. Just posting the link for whoever is wondering if there is an option available..

sj
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I have no idea why, listening to the voicemails from the link in the transcription email used to work, but does not now.
    It still works for me just fine. I just clicked on a link in my e-mail to test and make sure. Maybe you need to open the Web Browser and sign in to your Google Voice account again? I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.
    Still works here as well. Mind you once in a while it won't work for some reason. If I logout, clear the browser and try again...it works.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    P2Google may be from 09 but so far, from pre-ware it is still down loadable and works on my Webos with sprint. integrated phone-book is wonderful aslo
  10.    #30  
    Does P2GV play the voicemail messages?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    It still works for me just fine. I just clicked on a link in my e-mail to test and make sure. Maybe you need to open the Web Browser and sign in to your Google Voice account again? I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.
    Odd... some will play, some won't play. The last 4 messages I have will not play, 2 before that will play, and then 2 before those will not play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist anymore, or am I wrong?
    I just downloaded P2GoogleVoice today through preware ... i haven't used it yet but it installed properly and seems fully functional
    Odd... some will play, some won't play. The last 4 messages I have will not play, 2 before that will play, and then 2 before those will not play.
    One of the downfalls of this method is that if someone leaves a 'hangup' message where they don't really say anything, there is no play bar at the bottom that lets you know you are only listening to a 0.5 second audio stream with no noise in it. So it seems like its just sitting there doing nothing.
    Update from yesterday. My phone/SMS started not working properly yesterday so I made a visit to the doctor. During my down time a call kicked over to GV and when I was up again and compeletely un-patched I clicked on the play message link. It opened a new browser window and downloaded to my pre. It was in the media/internal/downloads folder.

I was able to listen to it without any kind of patch but the option to Stream or Download is from one of the patches I have installed. Maybe the multi mod patch?

Just thought I would update the info for clarity and to maybe help those of you who have had a voice mail play for all to hear unexpectedly.
    I want to chime in here that I would really love to get voicemail working with the google voice mobile webpage. I use my GV account for work and I am in that thing all day long but when I need to consult an older message I have to either search my email for it or go to the full GV page to listen to it. Everything about the GV mobile site works great except playing the voicemails... I get a message saying "the audio failed to load. Please try again later." pro tip: trying again later doesn't help.
    I hope someone smarter than me figures this out as that little tweak would make my life much easier...
    Quote Originally Posted by nefnet13 View Post
    I want to chime in here that I would really love to get voicemail working with the google voice mobile webpage. I use my GV account for work and I am in that thing all day long but when I need to consult an older message I have to either search my email for it or go to the full GV page to listen to it. Everything about the GV mobile site works great except playing the voicemails... I get a message saying "the audio failed to load. Please try again later." pro tip: trying again later doesn't help.
    I hope someone smarter than me figures this out as that little tweak would make my life much easier...
    +1 Anyone have a solution? I want to be able to view a voicemail from two months ago and I don't have that much mail in my Gmail
    Quote Originally Posted by chrischampion View Post
    +1 Anyone have a solution? I want to be able to view a voicemail from two months ago and I don't have that much mail in my Gmail
    You can view messages but just can't play them on the Pre. At least not till someone develops an app that works or Google stops playing games with their site.

I really miss not being able to play voicemails direct from my GV account on my Pre. Transcriptions are not perfect so it's definitely necessary.

P.S.
    If you want to search click on "Older version" at the bottom of the page and you can use the search feature.
    My favorite way to listen to google voice messages is to call up the GV #. That way you can listen to voicemails like you would normally, without having to use the speakersphone/headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    My favorite way to listen to google voice messages is to call up the GV #. That way you can listen to voicemails like you would normally, without having to use the speakersphone/headphones.
    How easy is that when the message is from two months ago?
    Haven't tried. I use that method for VMs I get throughout the day. I use my laptop for very old messages. Haven't used the mobile site that often, so I have no opinion on that.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast