1.    #1  
    I love the way precentral look in this screen capture. This is Clipcarl's patch.

If only it didn't conflict with the help app!
    Last edited by rush; 07/18/2010 at 08:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    um...that's NOT the PreCentral site in that screenshot... THAT screenshot is of the GOOGLE WEB search page showing the search result for precentral.net.

In order to see the P|C site, you have to flick to the top of the page & type precentral.net into the URL box, not the Google search box
    he was highlighting the google search results with the iphone spoof
    Hey, why does mine look like this?

When did that happen?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Because you are not running the iphone spoof.
    Quote Originally Posted by magistus View Post
    Because you are not running the iphone spoof.
    Ugg, now I see a good reason to run that patch. The regular way it reminds me of an "Ebay" look. Then again I run Ixquick for my searches most of the time since their servers don't store any information about me or my searches.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I don't recall the Google results page being so broken though... When did that happen?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't recall the Google results page being so broken though... When did that happen?
    it's been that way for about a week or so. After they had it look real great over the last month and then this happens.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    it's been like that for a couple days. Image search is even worse.
    the iphone spoof messes up a lot in some websites youtube being one of them
    This is why I added Bing to my Pre... here's the Bing page for the same search (no spoof patch):

And yes.. my battery is almost dead - I just got a new Mugen 1400 and am conditioning it (charge/deplete)
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/28/2010 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    This is why I added Bing to my Pre... here's the Bing page for the same search (no spoof patch):

And yes.. my battery is almost dead - I just got a new Mugen 1400 and am conditioning it (charge/deplete)
    I've been sayin it for awhile now, but Bing is 10x better Especially for images, video viewing, songs, etc. basically media, but I also think the search results are much, much more accurate.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    How do you add Bing as a search engine (other than the universal search patch)? IE: How do you change what the browser uses by default for search?
    I believe there is a patch that adds bing and yahoo to the search options.
    Yea, but that's for the universal search, but not the browser. :*(
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    If you're on Sprint, you can't as of yet. I am waiting for an update or a patch to enable this
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    If you're on Sprint, you can't as of yet. I am waiting for an update or a patch to enable this
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Yes the patch adds Bing and Yahoo to the Universal Search, but if you think about it, that's all you really need. If I'm using the browser and want to search for something, I just swipe the card up to minimize and then type my search and select Bing. Yes it starts up a new card, but it only takes a second to swipe the old one away. To me its a minor thing to have the search pop up in a new card. Perhaps I'm not seeing other people's issue with this correctly (it's late)
  19.    #19  
    I hate the right hand side look on google right now, I'm wondering if google is keeping it like that or not. I hope not. For now I'm using Clipcarl's patch. (note) Bare in mind that the help app won't work,while using this patch. I don't really used my help app at all. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

Man, you guys are making me think about actually using putting that Bing search patch on. I personally like google more, but seeing as how it's not usable, I might as well start using bing.