1.    #1  
    hey im new to the site ive looked it over quite a bit and have learned how to do a lot of the stuff i want to do thanks to all the helpful guides already made..though i dont understand it all...still learning

my question though is why do i keep hearing and seeing the palm pre with a little dot or ball looking thing. Mine does not have this but has just a light the shines when i gesture it??

Sorry wasnt quite sure where to place this so hope this section is okay..
    Quote Originally Posted by daymeon View Post
    hey im new to the site ive looked it over quite a bit and have learned how to do a lot of the stuff i want to do thanks to all the helpful guides already made..though i dont understand it all...still learning

my question though is why do i keep hearing and seeing the palm pre with a little dot or ball looking thing. Mine does not have this but has just a light the shines when i gesture it??

Sorry wasnt quite sure where to place this so hope this section is okay..
    I'm guessing you have a Verizon Pre Plus. The earlier version - sold by Sprint- had the button/trackball in the gesture area. It didn't really add any value by most accounts and was not included in the Verizon Plus version.

And welcome aboard! Finding everything you need so far?
    Hi daymeon, and welcome to the P|C forums!

There are two Pre devices: the Pre (Sprint) and the Pre Plus (Verizon). The Sprint Pre has the little button (it is not a trackball) in the gesture area, and the newer Pre Plus from Verizon doesn't have the button, but has a set of lights under the gesture area that light up instead, along with more memory and RAM.
    I heard the Pres with the ball are cooler than the ones without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Most creatures are that way
    only the pre owners with the balls to truly use them -- what a fun device -- to the OP look around there are so many fun and interesting things you can do -- good luck
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    I spit my iced tea out when I read that one Bravo
    lolz
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    good one I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box but if you ever need anything just pm me I might be of help welcome
  10.    #10  
    lol thanks guys....and this forum and site have been very helpful and thanks for answering the question and yes it is verizon.

this forum is a lot more lively than i expected which is good but im not new to homebrew n hacking i mean im not an "advanced" like i cant make my own apps or programs but i can use whats out there normally i have done this stuff with other devices such as the psp when homebrew used to be huge on it

the one thing i want to be able to do but it dont seem possible or at least yes is basically put the homescreen to use...more like a desktop i would like to be able to put maybe some widgets and apps on the main screen and not have to open the launcher menu all the time...
    lthe one thing i want to be able to do but it dont seem possible or at least yes is basically put the homescreen to use...more like a desktop i would like to be able to put maybe some widgets and apps on the main screen and not have to open the launcher menu all the time...
    That's not how webOS was designed. The home screen is more of a backdrop which the "cards" sit in front of when minimized. And because it isn't an 'active' background, you won't see any little widgets like android.
    If you want to make your phone's home screen more active, simply stop closing applications when done with them - keep them open as minimized cards.
    the one thing i want to be able to do but it dont seem possible or at least yes is basically put the homescreen to use...more like a desktop i would like to be able to put maybe some widgets and apps on the main screen and not have to open the launcher menu all the time...
    Check out "ActiveCard" in the App Catalog. This will do what you describe. It's an app that you can run fullscreen that allows you to add widgets like the weather, your calendar, etc.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    Check out "ActiveCard" in the App Catalog. This will do what you describe. It's an app that you can run fullscreen that allows you to add widgets like the weather, your calendar, etc.
    this is pretty neat but i hate paying for it lol but its only 2 bucks right now so ill consider it thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That's not how webOS was designed. The home screen is more of a backdrop which the "cards" sit in front of when minimized. And because it isn't an 'active' background, you won't see any little widgets like android.
    If you want to make your phone's home screen more active, simply stop closing applications when done with them - keep them open as minimized cards.
    and yeah but still just would be quicker it seems and i mean i wish when i had them minimized and by minimized you mean how they get really small right? But i wish i could at least have those tiled on there when it does that than the scrolll
    Me thinks it's the other way around...no ball = more memory... I guess if we are going to call it a ball, my pre is like Lance Armstrong.
    I prefer two balls though... Call me Spanish...