1.    #1  
    Hi,

Anybody know how to upload a screen shot taken by your phone to your thread?

I would appreciate the help.
    Last edited by rush; 06/28/2010 at 07:05 PM.
    you have to go to the go advanced button at the bottom of the quick reply post. Then click on manage attachments, then browse to the file, click upload and then click submit reply.
    Do you mean via a PC or from the Pre itself?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    If you're looking to attach the image, that's how you do it. Like the comment above. If you're talking about inserting it within the message it's a code. You type "[IMG]" without the quote marks. Then the image url so like http://website.com/image.jpg then you close the code with "[/IMG]" without the quotes. And the images get inserted into the site. There's also ways to put the image and make it a link. Idk what the code is for that. But that's it.
  5.    #5  
    I can't get the image to upload.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    My computer..
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    How large is the image? There is a list of restrictions in the 'Manage Attachments' window.
    Id doubt it will load a straight png image.

correction, says max png file size is 490.6 KB

I seriously doubt your screenshot from the Pre is more than that, so make sure your following the proper steps
    Attach Files
    Valid file extensions: amr bmp cab doc gif jar jpe jpeg jpg mscr patch pdb pdf png prc psd txt zip
    When you click browse you have to scroll to the right hand side and hit the upload button.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    When you click browse you have to scroll to the right hand side and hit the upload button.
    Oh yea. Try that lol. The upload button is pretty hidden.
  12.    #12  
    Ok, guess I was messing up. Thank you'll. Will follow all instructions later on. I've never post a screen shot before. (:
    If you want to display the full image in your post, rather than only have an attachment thumbnail at the bottom of your post, and do not want to host it on the web, you can use the URL of an uploaded attachment between the IMG tags.
  14.    #14  
    Can a screen shot be sent using your pre? I would love an answer for this question?
    Can a screen shot be sent using your pre? I would love an answer for this question?
    Well, yea. It's a lot more work though...

Upload the screenshot to photobucket.
    Go to photobucket.com, log in, and find your screenshot.
    Copy the URL.
    Insert the image into a post using the [IMG] tag.

Definitely not the easiest thing to do, but it works lol.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    thanks garrett92C

btw, do you know how to do proper "Thanks" via mobile forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    thanks garrett92C

btw, do you know how to do proper "Thanks" via mobile forum?
    There is no "proper" way to Thank people from the mobile forums. I use a workaround if I feel someone really deserves a 'Thanks' though lol.

Let's say I was browsing this thread from my phone and wanted to Thank you. I would scroll to the top of the page and swipe down so the address bar pops up.

Tap the address.
    Move the cursor to the beginning of the link.
    Delete the "m." in "http://m.forums.precentral.net".
    Press enter, and the full version of the thread would load.

Again, not a simple solution, but I have used it in the past lol.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    There is no "proper" way to Thank people from the mobile forums. I use a workaround if I feel someone really deserves a 'Thanks' though lol.

Let's say I was browsing this thread from my phone and wanted to Thank you. I would scroll to the top of the page and swipe down so the address bar pops up.

Tap the address.
    Move the cursor to the beginning of the link.
    Delete the "m." in "".
    Press enter, and the full version of the thread would load.

Again, not a simple solution, but I have used it in the past lol.
    great! You are now officially thanked. I just figured oit another way, though also not easy and requires you wait until next day:
    if you get the emailed daily summary, the direct link @ each post takes you to full forums, not mobile, even if on your Pre. Then you are right @the post you desire to thank (like I just did yours). Again, not easy but do-able. Only catch is you gotta wait till next day for email summary