1.    #1  
    Twtpoll: What Mobile device platform are you using now? (via @handmark)

And, try not to be dumb <edited by mod>...

Found as listings under the "Other" poll choice:
    (36 responses) WebOS
    (5 responses) Palm webOS
    (3 responses) web os
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/28/2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: language
    are they considering Palm to be the same as the WebOS stuff being entered as "other"?
  3.    #3  
    I don't know, but apparently, some people couldn't determine that webOS is a Palm platform.
    i dont think that theres any error... Palm has, Palm OS, which handmark has made apps for in the past and Now they have Palm(HP) WebOS. I think users recognize this distinction and do not want to skew the poll results.

My sketch .42 cents
    ^ Yah thats hwo I would take it Palm OS vs WebOS. They really made that vague if trying to figure out what to develop for.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  6.    #6  
    Technically, Palm OS and development for it is completely dead... webOS is THE Palm platform. If the poll choice read "Palm OS", then that would be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Technically, Palm OS and development for it is completely dead... webOS is THE Palm platform. If the poll choice read "Palm OS", then that would be different.
    again you may be right, and when Handmark listed Palm, they may have indeed meant webos, However , as an end user taking the poll, i would not be sure as to what the developer meant since Palm has an additional platform, which may in fact be dead, so i would choose other and indicate that i had webos.
    Think of if WinPhone 7 where out ATM, and they posted MS i would be inclined to post as other if i had a winphone 7 so as not to confuse with winmo 6.5
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I responded to "Other" (webOS Palm Pre) because of the possible confusion with the old Palm OS.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    This is all out of whack. iPhone isn't a device platform, iOS is. Android is a device platform, and Palm OS and webOS are platforms. The chart is misleading or doesn't have enough info.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  10.    #10  
    We should all just agree that it's a dumb poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    We should all just agree that it's a dumb poll.
    Agreed.
    Twitter: @Eddie255