1.    #1  
    Okay so when i tap the power button, the screen will brighten and then fade to black, but wont actually turn off. you can actually tell its not all black, but that maybe the back light is still on. no matter how long i wait, it wont turn off.

also when i try and reboot, the pre goes through the motion shuts off, but then wont re-boot.

btw, trying to solve these issues and removing the battery, the pre wont turn on until i but it to charge and even then it has to wait a couple of minutes before the pre boots.

btw, on reboot the power switch does work for a bit and then reverts back to not turning off.

this is my 2nd pre and is only 6th month old.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    This sounds like a software issue. I haven't searched the forums to see if this has happened before, but it honestly sounds like a "homebrew issue" if you know what I mean. When did this start happening?
    Twitter: @Eddie255
  3.    #3  
    its started this weekend.

i do use some homebrew apps, but no patches or themes, just apps.
    Felipe
    What app did you install before this happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    Okay so when i tap the power button, the screen will brighten and then fade to black, but wont actually turn off. you can actually tell its not all black, but that maybe the back light is still on. no matter how long i wait, it wont turn off.

also when i try and reboot, the pre goes through the motion shuts off, but then wont re-boot.

btw, trying to solve these issues and removing the battery, the pre wont turn on until i but it to charge and even then it has to wait a couple of minutes before the pre boots.

btw, on reboot the power switch does work for a bit and then reverts back to not turning off.

this is my 2nd pre and is only 6th month old.
    This is obviously a defective device... Take the phone for exchange/repairs immediately.

I just hope when you do the problem is still visible. Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    This is obviously a defective device... Take the phone for exchange/repairs immediately.

I just hope when you do the problem is still visible. Good Luck.
    It's a software issue, not a hardware issue going off expertise, but I guess he can...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    What app did you install before this happened?
    hard questtion. ha ha.

i know i installed sports live update and a couple of update that i dont recall.
    Felipe