Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I had to visit the doctor last night and after signing into my palm profile it did not pull down my app catalog apps (i know it wouldn't have my homebrew stuff) it DID pull down my contacts and emails addresses and such. Just not my apps. Is there a way to force it to re-download those all easily?
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I have now done a partial erase and while it goes to the "restoring your data" page it finishes in a minute which is FAR to quick to download the apps I had. Currently the icons are back with little circles on them, so perhaps they are doing to be downloaded now instead. If this is a fix then I will update the thread for others benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post
    I have now done a partial erase and while it goes to the "restoring your data" page it finishes in a minute which is FAR to quick to download the apps I had. Currently the icons are back with little circles on them, so perhaps they are doing to be downloaded now instead. If this is a fix then I will update the thread for others benefit.
    If the app icons have the little blue circle, that means they are downloading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    If the app icons have the little blue circle, that means they are downloading.
    Correct.

It's important to get into the device as quickly as possible especially because of the length of time it takes now, so the apps don't download until you are actually in the device

1. First a list of applications you had installed downloads this will basically just download the icons of the application
    2. Once you are in the profile the actual apps themselves will begin downloading. Depending on the amount of apps and the size this could take a while.

Be sure to have a charger around reinstalling 50 apps will kill your battery completely.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Everything above was correct.
    So, as a resolution to my issue:
    When I first restored no apps were downloaded.
    I then did a partial erase.
    As a result when I restored my palm profile my apps began to download.

Anyway to change the thread title to "App catalog apps did not restore (resolved)"?
    Quote Originally Posted by tacroy View Post
    Anyway to change the thread title to "App catalog apps did not restore (resolved)"?
    You would need to ask a Moderator to rename the thread. I do wish we had the ability to mark a thread as "Resolved" though. That would be a nice feature.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.