Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

My girlfriend has a Pre (we both do actually) and hers will shut down when she closes the slider. It doesn't happen every time, but probably 1 out of 5 to 10 tens. I remember my Pre used to do that a while ago, but hasn't done it in a while and I think it hasn't done it since the screen was broke and I had it replaced. Is this a known issue, what can I do about it? Her phone is not patched or anything unusual.

Also, my Pre will sometimes not respond when I open the slider. It will wait roughly 5 seconds before anything shows up on the screen and sometimes it shows up dimmer than it should. My phone is patched and has the 800 kernel on it. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Thanks for the help

Fej180
    loose battery is her problem. Carrier should replace it. Or ypu can wedge it in with folded paper.

I also find that the 'slow response' indicates the need to reboot the phone

but, if you have reset the phone, check govna to make sure you are running at 800 mhz.and don't leave govna running - it samples every second and that slows the phone down..
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I told her it may be knocking the battery loose because I had seen something here about it. At any rate, if I can get a free phone from Sprint I will do that. Has anybody had this problem and gone to Sprint? Do they replace it for free or how does that work?

I would agree on resetting my phone now that you bring it up. I don't think I do that nearly enough. I will try that out and see if I don't have the problems and if I do still have problems then I will check the govna. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    loose battery is her problem. Carrier should replace it. Or ypu can wedge it in with folded paper.

I also find that the 'slow response' indicates the need to reboot the phone

but, if you have reset the phone, check govna to make sure you are running at 800 mhz.and don't leave govna running - it samples every second and that slows the phone down..
    Quote Originally Posted by Fej180 View Post
    Hey guys,

My girlfriend has a Pre (we both do actually) and hers will shut down when she closes the slider. It doesn't happen every time, but probably 1 out of 5 to 10 tens. I remember my Pre used to do that a while ago, but hasn't done it in a while and I think it hasn't done it since the screen was broke and I had it replaced. Is this a known issue, what can I do about it? Her phone is not patched or anything unusual.

Also, my Pre will sometimes not respond when I open the slider. It will wait roughly 5 seconds before anything shows up on the screen and sometimes it shows up dimmer than it should. My phone is patched and has the 800 kernel on it. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Thanks for the help

Fej180
    Do this... webos repair utility and run it on the phone,if anything is missing/modified from its original state the utility will fix it. (note) Webos utility does not erase kernel/patches/apps unless you adjust the settings. Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Rush,

Thanks for the advice. Are you talking about running webos repair utility on my phone or my girlfriends? Also, where can I get it, is it in preware?