1.    #1  
    Im about to pickup a used Pre for sprint, what do I need to check to make sure that im not buying a phone thats about to be a brick? Im coming from android, looking to switch between the two for a while until a new webOS phone comes out and I can choose between the two, have an evo and a hero, trading the hero for a pre.

also does anyone else here use android, or even better, sense on android? any apps that can replace some funcionality that I am used to? Is there an equivalent to rooting, or is it already fully open?

Thanks in advance for not dismissing my thread as another useless nobody that is wasting your time making you read this post, I am very active on xda and would love to be active here too.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    No rooting required: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1814181

You may find android-related info in the cross-platform chat threads.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Never been an Android user (friend is getting the EVO, so I hope to be able to screw around with that soon) so I can't help you there. You'll find plenty of info for getting Homebrew on your phone on this site. I can't tell you enough how big a difference Preware makes. I recommend going through the patches to figure out what you want to do to customize your phone. Some great stuff in there.
    Why does this site declare "Pre" not to be a word? Please explain.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I just answered a similar post, so just check my response since it SHOULD cover most of the stuff you are looking for:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2527732
    As far as what physical things you need to look for in a used Pre (based on complaints in these forums):

-- Is there too much movement between the top and bottom pieces (oreo effect)? A little movement is not a problem.

-- Does the power button in the upper right corner work easily? Some people have had to make home repairs.

-- Does the phone cut off or reboot when you shut the slider? Might be too much play in the battery compartment.

-- Can you hear the phone after using the headphones and removing them? Some people have problems with the phone sticking in headset mode.

Also, does it have the touchstone back (matte finish, not shiny like the front part of the phone). The Sprint Pres did not come with them and had to be purchased separately in order to use the touchstone.

Good luck with your purchase and report your comparisons in the Cross-platform chat.
  6.    #6  
    He purchased the touchstone kit for it, so it has the new back and charger. Ill make sure I check those out for sure.

Is there any facebook integration with the contacts like in sense on winmo and android? imports their pictures for contact pictures, birthdays, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by davebu3 View Post
    He purchased the touchstone kit for it, so it has the new back and charger. Ill make sure I check those out for sure.

Is there any facebook integration with the contacts like in sense on winmo and android? imports their pictures for contact pictures, birthdays, ect.
    to see some of what the Pre can do.

YouTube - Palm's Channel a detailed look at the Pre from Palm.

As for what you're talking about, it's called Synergy. webOS does it the best out of every other platform. Trust me, you'll realize it when you get it. I just purchased a T-Mobile (HTC) myTouch Slider with the SenseUI and I have never wanted to throw a phone more up against the wall because of the OS than this one. It has made me absolutely hate Android and only love webOS more.
    Twitter: @Eddie255